2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Tall Folks Beware

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Tall Folks Beware
By San Antonio Guy on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland edition with the 5.7L Hemi. From the exterior, the vehicle is beautiful! Inside, the seats are well designed with an authentic Jeep style. The engine purrs and delivers a seemingly endless supply of power. I was very excited by the thought of having such a rugged SUV with so much power AND navigation. Now for the bad news. If you are over six feet tall, DO NOT buy this or any Jeep Grand Cherokee. With the seat all the way down on the driver's side, I can still feel my hair scraping the ceiling. Forget wearing a hat! It is impossible for me to ride as a passenger - no room. Lucky for me, my wife is a foot shorter. I now pine for the MDX!

Favorite Features

Rugged features. Great color. Hemi engine (fuel economy is HORRIBLE but that's the price you pay for 335 horses).

Suggested Improvements

HEADROOM! There just isn't any and I'm disappointed because it's an American car. I thought I could drive with the seat back but it's just too uncomfortable. Better gas mileage (the 11mpg will soon wear thin). A touch-screen Navi system.