2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Rather pleased to date

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Rather pleased to date
By kingofkings288 on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After the hurricane, I needed a ride, and fast, before the post-Sandy lemons flooded the market. I picked up this '06 Laredo with 58,000 mi, very clean except for a strange divot where the driver's right heel would rest. It starts every time I turn the key, and since the passenger window was serviced, every button and light works as advertised. It handles surprisingly well for a truck, and feels confident in the snow and rain. It doesn't accelerate much below 3,000 rpm, but after that it can take off. Maybe it's my driving profile, but the mileage is terrible. We'll see what summer brings, but the A/C should blow a tad colder, but that's a very minor complaint. On balance I'm pretty happy.

Interior and exterior styling, front-seat comfort, heater, heated leather seats, sunroof, two trip meters, handling

More rear seat and cargo space, trailer hitch, better mileage, way to switch 4WD off to 2WD