2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Not sure about this new Gr Che

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Not sure about this new Gr Cherokee
By nitlion on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1995 Gr. Cherokee, drive it until it had 175K miles and absolutely loved it! I'm not sure about my 2006 model. First off, the design of the interior must have been an after thought. Gear shift and brake handle takes up so much room that there's not enough storage space for anything. I work as a field salesman and have stuff that I need to have available when travelling-no place to store anything. The ledges are all sloped towards the driver, so you can't use those. HVAC vents are poorly placed to be of any benefit. My transmission does things while driving that I can't understand. V6 Engine is powerful enough for normal driving, but if you are planning to tow, get the V8.

Favorite Features

Engine power is nice, handles OK and I haven't had any problems in the snow- yet! Ride and handling is OK, but nowhere near a sports car. Interior is roomy enough for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Engine is sluggish after going downhill and driver tries to accelerate up hill-Jeep needs to fix this. Also, transmission "shifts" & "jumps" while driving down the road and without warning. Rework interior design so that HVAC vents actually serve a purpose. And layout cockpit like a Toyota!