2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: NewJeepOwner

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

NewJeepOwner
By NewJeepOwner on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Prior to this SUV, I had a Chrysler Sebring LXI. I really needed an SUV for my new baby (born in May). I've been pretty satisfied with it until my air bag light started going on. I was about 100 miles before my 6000 mile service and today took it to the dealer at 6100 miles. They said no code was recorded and that the system would be reset. Guess what, not even 1/2 mile down the road and the light comes back on. Went back to the dealer (with my 5 month old baby) and they tell me no code again. I've been researching all night and found that this has been happening since 1998. Can't Jeep fix this? I'm worried about the future. I need reliability! Saw that '02 models are having window problems. Yikes!

Rides smooth and is comfortable.

Maybe when a problem is continuous...FIX IT! People really need reliability in a vehicle they pay $30,000 for (not to mention interest). I should have done more research, but was told this one had highest ratings in child safety. THAT IS MOST IMPORTANT. Could also improve gas mileage. It's okay.