2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Love/Hate Relationship

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Love/Hate Relationship
By harrison7 on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my Jeep about a year and a half ago. Before that had a 1998 grand. It was such a great car. Got over 300k miles on it before someone totaled it. But My 2006 Jeep is a good car. I love the look of the car, the hard lines and the awesome grille. Fun to drive, and the seats are so comfortable. But I do have mixed feelings about the jeep. I have all sorts of electrical problems. My dash lights flash constantly and my NAV stopped working. Dealer said it was the body control module that needs to be replaced. ($1,200)!!! Makes a grinding noise when I turn sharp in the parking lot. Have no idea what that is. And the thirsty hemi puts a dent in my wallet every time I fill up.

Favorite Features

Engine is strong. Off road capabilities are unmatched. and the leather seats are very supportive and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

fix the hemi tick!!!! it bugs the crap out of me. I wish they would fix all the electrical issues. It is so annoying having my dash lights flash and gauges go haywire all the time. And I just have to say that All chrysler dealers are put on this earth to make your visit to the dealership more like a visit to hell.