2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love it!

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Love it!
By Kent on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first new vehicle I've ever bought, and I'm loving it! The seats are very comfy--I like the heated seats in the winter, the ride is smooth, it'll drive anywhere, and it looks cooool. The 4.7L V8 has power to spare--I'm glad I didn't spend the extra money for the Hemi. I can carry a lot of cargo inside, plus with the roof basket and bike racks I can carry almost anything for a weekend in the woods. This Jeep also handles like a dream. I never imagined an SUV could take corners like this! The ride is smooth in spite of the on/off road tires, even at highway speeds. Traction control, ABS, Quadra Trac II, airbags everywhere.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, excellent handling, nice ground clearance, amazing Alpine navi/DVD/HDD/CD/ MD/mp3/memory stick sound system *sorry--only available in Japan'; even the stock stereo sounds good, though. Safety features galore. I feel confident that I can drive anywhere in this Jeep.

Suggested Improvements

I have the same gripe as everyone else who drives a big V-8--mileage. Although the leather seats are nice, the large amount of plastic inside isn't. More trim options in Japan would be nice. Make the interior air filter standard.