Less is More
By Bill on
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
Who would think of a 6 cylinder Grand Cherokee as being fun to drive? I thought that the most stripped down Grand Cherokee would never be considered a sporty vehicle, but I was wrong. My GC is the Laredo model that came with only 3 options, full time 4-wheel drive, Qradra-Track II transfer case and luggage rack. It pulls strong away from stoplights and seems very stable on switchback roads. The gas mileage is fair averaging about 16 MPG overall in mostly city driving. Although the car is only rated to pull 3500 lbs., it has no trouble pulling my tandem axle trailer with my John Deere compact tractor and attachments aboard. Overall, I have been very pleased with my vehicle.
Favorite Features
I needed a vehicle that could be towed 4 wheels down behind my motorhome without modification to the driveline. I was pleasantly surprised that the base model included anti-lock brakes, stability control and traction control to all four wheels.
Suggested Improvements
I find I have to move my head to the side to see around the left windshield roof support when making a gradual left turn and the rear seat head restraints limit visibility out the rear.