2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Jeep or H3

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Jeep or H3
By Kyle on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've been looking for a SUV for the past 4 months or so. I really liked the H3 but realized that it may not be the most practical. I like styling in a vehicle and I'm tired of spending top dollar for foreign car parts and service. I looked at the H3, Nissan, and Toyota. The Jeep seemed like the best choice. So far I have been pleased. I've seen others complain about the cheap plastics. While I agree to some degree, it does have style to it. The car was designed to be an off road vehicle while still delivering great on road performance. It rides that tight rope very well. On top of it all, I got mine for a song, $22,500 out the door (with rebates). At this price, it can't beat!

Favorite Features

Road handling is much better than the previous first and second generation models. It has unique style that stands out. The flip tray in the cargo was a nice idea. Stereo sounds awesome for a stock. The 3rd generation definitely has the Mercedes touch of improvements and added safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat can leave little leg room for full size passengers if the front row seats are extended all the way back. I miss 8 way seats. Minor 'touches' like a rear 12V outlet that cost nothing to add should be standard on the base model. Need a rear seat passenger arm rest.