2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Horrible Gas Mileage, Very Poo

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Horrible Gas Mileage, Very Poor Interior
By Joel Kirzner on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven this jeep now for around 24 months and am about to turn it back it to the dealer after my flease is up...thank god! I must say, for a quickly depreciating $30,000+ Chrysler vehicle, should I be surprised? I have the 65th Anniversary Edition that came out around Jan-Feb, 2006. The interior leaves much to be desired--hard plastic everywhere, questionable fit and finish and seat fabric that easily stains with the slightest bit of a rain drop. The gas mileage is atrocious. I average 14.2 mpg, granted, I live in Atlanta and drive mostly in city type traffic. Also, I'm sure the 4x4 version I have and never use on the newly paved suburban roads isn't helping out much either.

Sunroof, exterior styling, alloy wheels.

Can we all say... MILES PER GALLON?!? What the heck is so hard here? Jeesh, even the new Tahoes are getting better gas mileage than this hung of metal! Chrysler better shape up cause no one is going to want these things come $3- $4 gas. Improve the interior by 100%. It screams Cheap everywhere!