2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great so far

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Great so far
By froggy13 on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After driving the 1997 Grand Cherokee with the 4.0L 6cyl. for several years the 2006 does not disappoint. The 4.7 has plenty of power and is smooth as silk in either light to light driving or at highway speeds. The only down side is that it is a bit harder to see out of than the 97 but large side view mirrors help. Also the adjustable pedals are great for keeping the shorter people in your life well back from the airbags which is a huge piece of mind for me.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the adjustable pedals as it keeps my wife (5’3”) well away from the air bag. While driving other vehicles she would have to adjust the seat so far forward that she would be so close to the wheel that if the air bag did deploy…well it wouldn’t have been good for her at all.

Suggested Improvements

I would design the body so the cab would be a bit easier to see out of and I would either reposition or totally remove the parking break handle. The brake handle is not really in the way however it does have a very cheap feel to it and is very big and bulky.