Fourth Grand Cherokee...and my last
By joe on
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
This is my 4th grand Cherokee and will definitely be my last although it is a big improvement over the 2000 I had before. I have the 65th Anniversary with the 3.7L V-6. It's a much more refined ride over the 2000 Laredo I had. 31,000 miles and the brakes have already had to be re-done 3 times, and the 30k mile service cost me about $900 after taxes...OUCH! Fuel mileage on the highway is 19- 20mpg and in the city is 14-15. My wife's Tahoe gets better and has better room and power. Had a transmission leak at 14k miles (fixed under warranty). Mine has been in the shop 7 times (brakes, transmission, electrical problems (the door locks wouldn't work) The dealer does a good job but is $$$$
Favorite Features
the sunroof, heated seats in cloth (don't like leather seats), ride is much improved over the 2000 I had. Could be a great SUV with reliability improvements. Good ride, GREAT in snow/ice
Suggested Improvements
lethargic V-6. The old 4.0L in my last jeep had more pickup and better mileage. Reliability on brakes (brake jobs done at 3k, 11k, and 30k miles) of course these aren't covered under warranty. Wish I had my old jeep back. It was more reliable.