2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Do not recommend

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Do not recommend
By Disappointed on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this Jeep Sept. 15 last year and it is now Oct. 4 of the following year. One month after we bought it the engine light came on, when we took it in they had to replace both catalytic converters. Last month the engine light came on again and they said one of the converters was bad so they replaced it, the day after we got it back the light came back on and they had to replace the other one again. The next day after we got it back the light came on again and they had to replace the oxygen sensor, then we got it back and sure enough the light came on again the next day so I took it to another shop who told me that I need either an oxygen sensor or my catalytic converters are bad again.

Gives you plenty of detailed information on the dash.

Gas mileage, better system for figuring out what is wrong, better catalytic converters.
By jesika101987
on 06/03/11 11:58 AM (PDT)

I have had the same problems word for word what you are saying. Let me just say I will NEVER EVER buy another jeep and if anyone EVER ask, I would say don't do it. But I have had my 2006 JGC for almost a year in July. It has been in the shop 3 times, going on my fourth right now as I'm typing this. I'm stuck with it because I'm going to be upside down if I get rid of it. I'm being to think that might be the best thing to do. It has 52,000 miles on it and the had to put a new transmition in it. Come on thats just crazy. I can't wait till the day I can trade it in.

By jeep31
on 01/04/11 06:49 AM (PST)

Sounds all to familiar. Bought the jeep, only drove it 2 weeks and the engine light came on. To make a long story real short they replaced 2 O2 sensors when that didnt work they replaced them again, when that didnt work they replaced the catalytic converter, when that didnt work they replaced the manifold, when that didnt work they replaced the other 2 O2 sensors. I get the jeep back today, better be fixed.