2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Best Car I've Ever Owned

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Mike W on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Let me be the first to say that I was not keen on the Grand Cherokee at first. I was a dyed in the wool “true Jeep” fan and was not interested in a “Chrysler” Jeep. My previous two vehicles were a 1989 Jeep Cherokee and a 1997 Jeep Cherokee, both of the original AMC design. It was about time to replace my Cherokee when I went on a business trip and ended up with the new Grand Cherokee as a rental and was immediately impressed. So when I got home, I purchased a base model Laredo with a V-6 and have been very happy. Lots of features on the base model and find the gas mileage and pick-up to be very impressive. Great on long trips. Still feels solid after 24,000 miles. No Rattles!

Gas mileage - about 20 highway and 16 in town. I've gotten as much as 22 MPG on long road trips. Base model does not seem like a base model with standard AC, door locks, power windows, etc. Perfect size, not too big or small. Base model is a great value for a 4WD!

I wish Sirius satellite radio was available on all models. Didn't like having to replace the factory radio to get this feature. Still see some minor fit and finish issues, but still think the vehicle is a great value for those who still want a decent sized SUV that gets good MPG.