2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: A Really Fast SUV...

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

A Really Fast SUV...
By ARH1956 on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The 6.1 Hemi's 400+ ft lbs of torque, from just off idle, partnered with the superb MB 5-speed automatic assure that there's a constant flow of maximum thrust available. What a hoot to drive. I picked up my GC SRT-8 with 9 miles on it & the first tank averaged 10.5 mpg. Hey, that's better than with my H2, LOL. Yesterday, with 500 miles on my SRT-8 I took a 300 mile trip, 40% @ 70mph ...50% @ 55mph ... with a little in town driving mixed in & averaged 16.4 mpg. Hey, I can deal with that.

The acceleration, appearance, wonderful exhaust note, excellent seats, & the overall integration of the SRT package. Also, the headlights are excellent, good low beam pattern & the "Smartbeam" high beams are uncanny.

I would like to see the MDS system incorporated into the SRT-8 package. I would also love a HUD like my Z06 has, that would really complete the package for me. And although I've already bragged on the headlights, HID's should be offered.