2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
2006 Grand Cherokee Limited
By Ken on 07/11/07 15:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Grand Cherokee. The first being a 1995 with V8 engine. This 2006 model has the 4.7 V8 and is terrible on gas in city driving ( 12- 13 MPG). On the highway it doesn't do better than 19 and averages around 18MPG. I did better with the old 318 in the 95 model. You would think after 10 years and less engine displacement Jeep could improve their mileage ratings. With only 8,000 miles on it I am beginning to see the telltale signs of future issues...like the outside temp gage display isn't working properly and the engine has a ticking sound like old lifters or someting. If I have the same issues with this Jeep that I had with the old one it's good by Chrysler and never again.

Good vehicle
By erickson on 07/09/07 13:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is very reliable. It is a safe and trusted vehicle. Very durable and drives through snow and light off road very well. The vehicle does have very poor fuel ecomomy, which is why I proably will not buy another. The vehicle makes you feel very safe in any driving condition. Jeep just needs to make the vehicle more fuel efficient and the vehicle would rock overall!

So far, So good
By Bill Sandlin on 06/11/07 12:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Jeep purchase. Traded an Acura TL & a 1999 Chev Tahoe so I wanted an SUV that performed close to the TL and had the same amenities, ie, bluetooth, leather, comfort, etc. Also needed the towing capacity of the Tahoe. So far it has meet all my expecations. Rides nice, has everything my TL had except for the navigation system. With the HEMI the jeep is quicker than the TL and handles almost as well. Also drove the 4 runner & the Jeep handled better and the interior of the 4 runner actually seemed cheaper than the jeep. So far, so good on the reliablity. Driven over 8,500 miles and 3 long road trips. No problems! Of course the gas mileage stinks, but expected with a V-8.

Amazing Vehicle
By wade2370 on 05/29/07 09:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my Jeep a few days ago. The ride in the Jeep is amazing and I absolutely love it. What took me 1/2 a tank of gas in my truck now takes 1/4 of tank in my Jeep and they have the same 4.7L V8! this car is great and has a lot of features for the money.

Great SUV
By Trent on 05/26/07 02:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle in March 2006 and ever since I loved it. The 6 cylinder engine has just the right amount of power I need and isn't too bad on gas. Highway driving was excellent. City not so much. The interior is nice and roomy and the controls are easy to navigate. The styling is great for this generation of grand cherokee. Nice angles and smooth lines which makes it stand apart from the rest of the round bubble suvs on the market.

Happy Jeep owner
By Pleasantly surprised on 03/05/07 13:52 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had Jeeps for many years and have learned to love the quirks (e.g. wandering on highway, bouncy ride, poor MPG, noisy, etc.). I recently bought an 06 base model Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 and have been pleasantly surprised given that I had very low expectations as far as performance, ride, MPG, etc. The car is a pleasure to drive. For my current needs I saw no need for the 4.7 or Hemi engine since I will not be doing any heavy towing or rough off-road driving. The one concern that I have is that the city MPG is currently awful. I only have 3,000 miles and hope that it improves with break in and gets closer to the estimate of 17.

Good looks...bad ride
By Brian Rhodes on 02/22/07 10:08 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Really like the looks of the Jeep, but BIG disappointment with the ride. Not very smooth and seems to "wobble & shimmy" on the road...worse when you are on open highway and very windy. Wish I had had a better test drive, would have thought twice about buying. Looking to trade now!

Not at all Happy Jeep Owner
By DougM on 02/19/07 12:51 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most uncomfortable SUV that I have ever driven. It lacks any power in the 3.7 liter and fuel economy is VERY POOR due to vehicle weight. It's in for major engine repair now that left me stranded in the middle of the road; it broke three intake springs with only 22,300 miles and well cared for highway miles. The seats you slide around on while driving - no contour to seats, tilt wheel is difficult to operate, doors slam back at you when opening, and major blind spot in windshield at the A pillars. I will NEVER buy another Jeep product AGAIN! Daimler Chrysler/Jeep emergency roadside service leaves a major lot to be desired also. They won't call back when they say they will.

Lovin' My Overland Thus Far
By Overlandlover on 02/13/07 11:08 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this Overland when it had 49 mi. and 3,000+ later, still lovin' it. I've had no problems with my Jeep. I've been getting 14+ mpg city/16+ mpg highway on my HEMI, better than my previous 04' Jeep G.C. with I6 engine. Simply an overall great luxury model, which is affordable to maintain.

Jeep
By HG on 01/13/07 11:10 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a gas hog in city driving and I drive it as gently as possible! Good MPG on the hwy at steady speed. Rear window and rear pillars too thick, blind spots. Tire pressure monitoring system comes on in cold weather for no reason. Interior finished with plastic, plastic and more hard plastic. Too much interference from traction control on icy streets, impossible to turn if off completely.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.