2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Explosive
By Gene on 04/01/08 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Your mind can't seem to comprehend that something so heavy (4800 lbs) can explode with such force at the touch of the gas! Amazing power and handles like a sports car. Very user friendly interior. I would give comfort a 10 however the contour of the seats are a little narrow on your upper legs when you sit. Only reason I give fuel economy so high at a 5 is what do you expect from a 400+ horsepower beast? Performance is at par with my Subaru STI. Only vehicle on market that is all-wheel drive with 8 cylinders besides Audi! From reviews etc I do hear reliability is avg at best so take extended warranty. High 4's 0-60 is believable and mid to low 13's is too.

Good Price for a Disposable (Laredo RWD)
By PuertoRico on 02/10/08 12:05 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Good price among same category SUVs available having many more features for the same price as competitors. Has nice handling in curves thanks to ESP and electronic transmission control. Descent sound quality and air conditioning unit. Center rear view mirror auto dimming is definitely a plus. Transmission is jumpy and kicks from time to time. Interior finishes are kind of mediocre and unfortunately there are noises from the trunk's posts plastic covers and in the front console

Repairs
By CRem on 11/14/07 11:46 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I am 16,000 miles in my SRT8 and while fuel economy (12.7mpg average) stinks, it is a ton of fun to drive. A little stiff if you are in the backseat for anything over 15 minutes. On a down note, I had to have a rattle fixed at 1200 miles, the side door panel is installed slightly tilted and I see it every time I look in the side mirror which bugs me. Worst of all the brakes needed to be replaced at 15,900. Because of the Brembo brakes you can't get normal "lifetime" warranty brakes. You have to get the Brembo pads which have no guarantee. All in, brake pads and to have the rotors cut cost $1100. Ouch, will have to do it again most likely in another 15,000 miles.

Love this Ride
By macdragonfl on 10/28/07 21:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling, styling. Comfortable, quiet. Dependable. Best Grand Cherokee ever. Surpasses all American Midsize SUV's and many foreign

More Fun Than You Ever Thought Possible!
By coolbreezesd5555 on 10/23/07 16:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Jeep SRT8. I own a number of pricey vehicles and more times than not, I choose my SRT8 Jeep. It is so powerful, quick, with a great sound! I love to throw my bike in the back and head to the mountains or beach - fast! It's fun, it's affordable and it's rare. By the way the seats are the most comfortable I have ever enjoyed in a vehicle under $100K. Buy it now, before the Feds find out how much fun we are having!

Terrible Product!
By Angry owner!!!! on 10/02/07 17:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Where should I start? First, let me say that this is one fast SUV, but I hate the hesitation is has when you hit the gas. Like it's thinking, should I go or should I not. Then the rattling all over the place. This is a one year old car! This should not happen to any vehicle. The fuel economy is worse then probably an 1974 Caddy. The leather is beginning to show wear. Tranny had some shifting problems and this noise it makes around 40 mph. Seems the quality is just not there. Trading this joke in for a BMW X5. And as for speed and power, doesn't really feel that 420 pony's are pulling at times. I just don't get Jeep (mopar) Great idea, but its like they didn't follow through at end.

Jeep and my experience
By tom soucy on 09/19/07 01:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It performs well. Many great features. Ride is excellent and quality of vehicle is one of best I have seen. Went looking for Toyota Highlander or GMC Envoy. This was superior in ride and workmanship and better appointed for a very similar price.

expected more
By not pleased on 09/04/07 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

When we first purchased I loved it. Now that my husband has bought a new larger truck, we have naoticed how loud the Jeep is. Also, the tires are poor quality and we have had our car in the shop twice in 1 month!!! First, we had a transmission leak and now the solanoaid in the transmission went out and the air conditioner went out at the same time. Mind you we only have 12,800 miles on the vehicle. If we had to do over again we would but looks like we are stuck with this vehicle for a few more years due to their resale value unless we get lucky and the vehicle is a lemon!!!

Not sure about this new Gr Cherokee
By nitlion on 09/02/07 15:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1995 Gr. Cherokee, drive it until it had 175K miles and absolutely loved it! I'm not sure about my 2006 model. First off, the design of the interior must have been an after thought. Gear shift and brake handle takes up so much room that there's not enough storage space for anything. I work as a field salesman and have stuff that I need to have available when travelling-no place to store anything. The ledges are all sloped towards the driver, so you can't use those. HVAC vents are poorly placed to be of any benefit. My transmission does things while driving that I can't understand. V6 Engine is powerful enough for normal driving, but if you are planning to tow, get the V8.

Don't buy-transmission problems
By millert30523 on 08/03/07 07:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good looking vehicle. Has many mechanical issues. Transmission is crap. Mine went out at 41000 and I had problems getting Chrysler to fix it. There is something horribly wrong when a vehicle has 41000 miles on it and the transmission fails. Don't buy. Cheaply built. I traded for a Honda.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.