2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
06 Grand Cherokee Limited
By Jon on 05/03/08 11:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had mine for a couple weeks but already it's the best 22 grand I've spent. The fuel economy is not the best but the way it drives and runs is fantastic. I highly suggest it to anybody that's in the market to get one.

Does not make me jump up and down
By erickson on 04/16/08 07:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle is real safe. That is its best feature. I will not buy another jeep as the quality it very poor. The first problem was with the blower motor, hardly puts out any air at a low speed. I had transmission leaks that took three trips to the dealer to fix. A transmission switch went bad in the console and had to be fixed. Most recent the vehicle would not move. The traction system went crazy and made the vehicle stop. I had to shut off the traction light to get the vehicle to move. For the price of the vehicle and the problems I have had, I feel very disappointed with this jeep. I have been looking at GM products again. Looking to get rid of the jeep.

Horrible Gas Mileage, Very Poor Interior
By Joel Kirzner on 04/15/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven this jeep now for around 24 months and am about to turn it back it to the dealer after my flease is up...thank god! I must say, for a quickly depreciating $30,000+ Chrysler vehicle, should I be surprised? I have the 65th Anniversary Edition that came out around Jan-Feb, 2006. The interior leaves much to be desired--hard plastic everywhere, questionable fit and finish and seat fabric that easily stains with the slightest bit of a rain drop. The gas mileage is atrocious. I average 14.2 mpg, granted, I live in Atlanta and drive mostly in city type traffic. Also, I'm sure the 4x4 version I have and never use on the newly paved suburban roads isn't helping out much either.

Good Price for a Disposable (Laredo RWD)
By PuertoRico on 02/10/08 12:05 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Good price among same category SUVs available having many more features for the same price as competitors. Has nice handling in curves thanks to ESP and electronic transmission control. Descent sound quality and air conditioning unit. Center rear view mirror auto dimming is definitely a plus. Transmission is jumpy and kicks from time to time. Interior finishes are kind of mediocre and unfortunately there are noises from the trunk's posts plastic covers and in the front console

Love this Ride
By macdragonfl on 10/28/07 21:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling, styling. Comfortable, quiet. Dependable. Best Grand Cherokee ever. Surpasses all American Midsize SUV's and many foreign

Jeep and my experience
By tom soucy on 09/19/07 01:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It performs well. Many great features. Ride is excellent and quality of vehicle is one of best I have seen. Went looking for Toyota Highlander or GMC Envoy. This was superior in ride and workmanship and better appointed for a very similar price.

expected more
By not pleased on 09/04/07 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

When we first purchased I loved it. Now that my husband has bought a new larger truck, we have naoticed how loud the Jeep is. Also, the tires are poor quality and we have had our car in the shop twice in 1 month!!! First, we had a transmission leak and now the solanoaid in the transmission went out and the air conditioner went out at the same time. Mind you we only have 12,800 miles on the vehicle. If we had to do over again we would but looks like we are stuck with this vehicle for a few more years due to their resale value unless we get lucky and the vehicle is a lemon!!!

Not sure about this new Gr Cherokee
By nitlion on 09/02/07 15:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1995 Gr. Cherokee, drive it until it had 175K miles and absolutely loved it! I'm not sure about my 2006 model. First off, the design of the interior must have been an after thought. Gear shift and brake handle takes up so much room that there's not enough storage space for anything. I work as a field salesman and have stuff that I need to have available when travelling-no place to store anything. The ledges are all sloped towards the driver, so you can't use those. HVAC vents are poorly placed to be of any benefit. My transmission does things while driving that I can't understand. V6 Engine is powerful enough for normal driving, but if you are planning to tow, get the V8.

Don't buy-transmission problems
By millert30523 on 08/03/07 07:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good looking vehicle. Has many mechanical issues. Transmission is crap. Mine went out at 41000 and I had problems getting Chrysler to fix it. There is something horribly wrong when a vehicle has 41000 miles on it and the transmission fails. Don't buy. Cheaply built. I traded for a Honda.

Not bad but definitely not Honda quality
By Jordan on 08/01/07 16:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

With the V8 this vehicle is a pretty decent overall package. It's definitely much more refined than past JGC's, however it would be ideal if it had a smooth revving multi-valve engine. Good ride, good sight lines, just wish the build quality was better. I most likely will not buy another JGC as there are better available SUV's especially from the Japanese brands.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.