Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

its awesome
By PRINCESS

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just recently bought an 06 Grand Cherokee, traded in my 05 that had nothing but problems. the 06 seems to do just fine it's only got 15,000 miles on it bought it with 14,000 it drives way better than the 05 i don't know what the difference in 1 year can make but let me tell you it did. i love jeep and i don't think i can ever drive another vehicle again...i understand the "It's a Jeep thing you wouldn't understand"

Favorite Features

my heated leather seats and my ipod hookup...its an awesome feature!

Suggested Improvements

nothing i love it just the way it is.

Stick a fork in me: I'm done
By Jeff B.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loaded. Immaculately maintained My second Jeep. (Wife likes her new 2nd Liberty. FWIW, her well maintained old one blew a head at 113,000, w/ no warning, but TG after she traded). Jeep can't build a damn tranny to save their life: this is my second (previous 2001) to trash the entire Quadra II tranny ($3500, each time). This one did it while I was saving up for a new evaporator ($1300) for the AC. I though my old BMW cost a bunch to maintain, but nothing on it "just broke": they wore out. Repeated drive line issues, ac problems and others make me wish I'd bought a Subaru/almost anything else. Helpful dealer. Awful car. Priced trade value on Edmunds: can you say "abandon ship?"

Favorite Features

Strong engine, good seats holding up well, love the size and relatively good maneuverability for an SUV.. Jeep did a good job meeting design goals.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission is pathetic. Has ANYONE else ever heard of an AC evaporator failing in only 3 years? (I mean shot, "holes like it was hit with a shotgun" were the techs words). I'm 54 and have had a lot of nice cars: this one is the worst car purchase I've ever made, reliability wise, including used.

Bad Gas Mileage 3.7l v6
By ted

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased This jeep off a lease with with 24k on it was hoping to get at least 18 to 20 mpg on the highway, best I've gotten is 16.9 average and now it has dropped to 14.7 mpg, also wouldn't shift into reverse right away sometimes. Dealer said it was some kind of faulty shift mod, and supposedly replaced but it still acting up, Just had it in for oil change and noticed the transmission pan was all wet with fluid but we couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from maybe a bead seal on the pan, I have my eye on it. overall I love to drive the jeep.

Favorite Features

leather seats really nice,handles really well.

Suggested Improvements

should have a dip stick to check trans fluid levels, gas mileage.

By nipper

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a great vehicle, yes the gas mileage is not great but you are driving a real vehicle that runs on regular. Its not a bmw but then again as a half truck, suv and luxury car it is not a bad mix. Today I haul firewood, next the family. No problem

Favorite Features

heated moveable seats, satellite radio, drive almost anything

Suggested Improvements

ipod interface,

My Grand Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4
By Debbie

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in 2007. I was excited about getting an American vehicle instead of an Asian car. But after having some minor problems, I learned that it was very much expensive to keep up with the replacement of this vehicle as oppose to an Asian vehicle. My warranty stinks. My navigation had problems, and when I took it to the dealer, they made me pay them $100 just to tell me that I had to buy the new CD to replace my navigation. I was pissed off about that. Another thing was the back middle seat belt got stuck, and wouldn't pull down. The dealer did not cover for that either. Overall, the dealer warranty stinks! I pay an additional $40.00 per month for warranty for nothing!

Favorite Features

Moon roof. Blue-tooth. The style and looks of the car. Other than that.....I love my car, it looks super HOT! ;)

Suggested Improvements

I just need to upgrade to the Grand Jeep SRT8!!! I want that car badly!