Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Grand-cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8

SRT-8 6.1L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )

sharp and fast but...
By kevin

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

It's fast and sharp-looking. Other than that, there's not a whole lot more. It's terrible on gas and bumpy roads not to mention wet streets and non-existent off-roading capabilities. Very uncomfortable and unsettling on long drives. Also, very boring interior.

Favorite Features

Great sound, very fast. Relative bargain for the amount of performance.

Suggested Improvements

It makes a groaning clatter between 30 and 60 mph, underneath in the drivetrain which robs the sound of the Hemi and exhaust. Dealer will not fix or make any type of accommodation due to the fact that the manufacturer recognizes the sound and says it is a "normal" sound.

Outstanding!
By RTM

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Absolutely incredible vehicle. I traded in my 2005 Audi A8 with no regrets. The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is an absolute blast to drive. Don't get this vehicle if you don't like gawkers and car questions for strangers!

Favorite Features

Power! Brakes. 20" wheels. Suspension. I love everything that makes this an SRT8. UConnect is fantastic option.

Suggested Improvements

I love the entertainment system for my daughter, but the screen blocks the rear view mirror (put screens in driver and front passenger seat headrests). A couple more inches of legroom in the backseat would make passengers more comfortable.

Best Buy
By CCS

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

A must have vehicle! A perfect combination for someone that still enjoys the finer things in life while having a need for a SUV due to two small kids. Quick, agile and flat out strong! I never imagined a vehicle that would ease the pain of parting with our Land Rover Defender 90. It's an awesome felling knowing that you have an elite vehicle that only a few are privileged to own.

Favorite Features

Exterior design is flawless, chrome detail and accents are perfect without being too much!

Suggested Improvements

The ride in the middle row is a bit stiff, but that was expected. Otherwise pleased with all aspects.

one and only
By jay jay

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car is great. It has so much going for it. Time will tell how reliable it is, but for now I'm very happy. The fact that I don't see many on the road is another good quality. Some would say I'm stepping down from a BMW x5 4.4, but I'm in the know. I'll have the last laugh, and at the finish line. I could care less for status symbol. I want performance. I get all the same perks navigation system, park assist, and hands free Bluetooth technology and great sound system. I can not compromise that. I paid an extra $1200 to BMW to get the premium sound. SRT-8 kicks.

Favorite Features

I've considered them all and this has the best all around bang for your buck. Style, price and speed.

Suggested Improvements

The a/c. I believe it should be stronger. Or can it just be that mine needs tuning?

The Fun Stuff
By Joseph

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I had a hard time moving from my beloved Ford SVT to the SRT camp. I would do it all over again. I have a 2002 Lightning and the Jeep SRT8 if so much better in so many ways. I was stunned by the handling and the sheer acceleration. This thing pulls like a freight train and can handle curves like a high end sports car. The size is just right to handle myself, my spouse and our two kids on a road trip. Plenty of room for those things you need for a long weekend trip; bags, stroller, etc. My kids also love the rear seat entertainment system and the sound system rocks. This vehicle is stable at all speeds.

Favorite Features

AWD, stance, huge tires, sports car handling, limited number of units, and the seats-they will hold you in place while taking a corner.

Suggested Improvements

They need to add some soft-touch materials-there is too much hard plastic. HID lightning. Special treatment for SRT owners-SVT offers loaner vehicles, free car wash, etc.