2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Now I am happy to be rid of it
By Happy Now on 05/17/10 02:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I leased this vehicle for the fact of always wanting a jeep. After 5 months I wanted out of the lease. Poor gas mileage, small interior room, poor build quality. I guess this is a testament to the outgoing Chrysler owners. The truck had 2 transmission problems in the time I had it and 2 rear window issues. Loved to have a truck and 4WD. Needless to say i am a Very Happy Honda 2010 Pilot Owner now.

If you need an SUV, this is it!
By JT on 04/12/10 10:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep as a demo with @ 6000 miles. I have 42,500 miles on it now and it's still under warranty until 75,000 or December 2011. I've been very happy with the comfort and reliability of this Jeep. Very few if any problems. The only thing disheartening is very poor gas mileage. Don't underestimate how much the gas will cost you. I'm seriously considering a 2007 BMW 335i series now and by my estimate I will save $100 month on gas, and pay only $15 more on insurance. It's hard for me to ignore. But I must say it's hard to think about possible maintenance on the BMW, when this vehicle has been so cost free and will cont. I'm hoping the ext warranty will help me to sell.

it was ok...now I wonder
By michelle on 03/14/10 07:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car as a demo. I noticed automatically that when I would stop it would shake and seemed like it wanted to turn off. I took it in and they "fixed" it. That problem was never fixed. The mileage is bad I get 13.6 miles city AND highway. THe check engine has come on since I bought it and they could never find anything wrong with it. My power windows now stop sometimes. The alarm is not working. Did I mention the gas? That is horrible. I always wanted to own one of these vehicles I liked it at the beging because it was pretty then the seats really got stained and I could not find anyone who could take the stains on. I would not get one again looking to trade in value is low

Just bought the used 06...its 2010 now!
By Melissa on 03/07/10 06:30 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased the Laredo 65 yr anniversary edition. Its a great looking car. I like all the features. I've heard jeeps drive rough so I didn't expect to much comfort before test driving. I'm pretty content with it. However, I've had it for 2 days and I'm noticing some no-nos already! The problems I'm seeing already is the low tire pressure light comes on at random. But the big thing is the seat belt light comes on and chimes through out the entire ride even with my seat belt on and nooo weight in the passenger seat! I'm in the process of getting it fixed (hopefully), but I just wanted to put those problems out there just in case somebody else had the same issues

I Love it, but...
By Sean on 02/18/10 09:17 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Many publications rated Acura MDX and Nissan Pathfinder better than the '06 JGC. We preferred the ride of the JGC but bought an MDX. Two years later, we traded the MDX in for the JGC Overland in order to pull a 26' trailer/RV. The JGC had a noticeably smaller cargo area in the hatch and a tad smaller backseat, but that aside absolutely LOVE driving our JGC... BUT, there have been problems. In 2008 our powersteering pump went (under warranty), in 2009 our starter went (not covered), and both the hood and the hatch hydraulics are shot. Chrysler has a reputation of being the poorest North American manufacturer and this is apparent as these issues shouldn't happen in a newer vehicle.

its awesome
By PRINCESS on 01/28/10 13:15 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just recently bought an 06 Grand Cherokee, traded in my 05 that had nothing but problems. the 06 seems to do just fine it's only got 15,000 miles on it bought it with 14,000 it drives way better than the 05 i don't know what the difference in 1 year can make but let me tell you it did. i love jeep and i don't think i can ever drive another vehicle again...i understand the "It's a Jeep thing you wouldn't understand"

Stick a fork in me: I'm done
By Jeff B. on 01/25/10 18:13 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loaded. Immaculately maintained My second Jeep. (Wife likes her new 2nd Liberty. FWIW, her well maintained old one blew a head at 113,000, w/ no warning, but TG after she traded). Jeep can't build a damn tranny to save their life: this is my second (previous 2001) to trash the entire Quadra II tranny ($3500, each time). This one did it while I was saving up for a new evaporator ($1300) for the AC. I though my old BMW cost a bunch to maintain, but nothing on it "just broke": they wore out. Repeated drive line issues, ac problems and others make me wish I'd bought a Subaru/almost anything else. Helpful dealer. Awful car. Priced trade value on Edmunds: can you say "abandon ship?"

Bad Gas Mileage 3.7l v6
By ted on 12/28/09 07:30 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased This jeep off a lease with with 24k on it was hoping to get at least 18 to 20 mpg on the highway, best I've gotten is 16.9 average and now it has dropped to 14.7 mpg, also wouldn't shift into reverse right away sometimes. Dealer said it was some kind of faulty shift mod, and supposedly replaced but it still acting up, Just had it in for oil change and noticed the transmission pan was all wet with fluid but we couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from maybe a bead seal on the pan, I have my eye on it. overall I love to drive the jeep.

By nipper on 12/13/09 17:55 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a great vehicle, yes the gas mileage is not great but you are driving a real vehicle that runs on regular. Its not a bmw but then again as a half truck, suv and luxury car it is not a bad mix. Today I haul firewood, next the family. No problem

My Grand Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4
By Debbie on 12/03/09 21:12 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in 2007. I was excited about getting an American vehicle instead of an Asian car. But after having some minor problems, I learned that it was very much expensive to keep up with the replacement of this vehicle as oppose to an Asian vehicle. My warranty stinks. My navigation had problems, and when I took it to the dealer, they made me pay them $100 just to tell me that I had to buy the new CD to replace my navigation. I was pissed off about that. Another thing was the back middle seat belt got stuck, and wouldn't pull down. The dealer did not cover for that either. Overall, the dealer warranty stinks! I pay an additional $40.00 per month for warranty for nothing!