2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-8 6.1L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )
Terrible Product!
By Angry owner!!!! on 10/02/07 17:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Where should I start? First, let me say that this is one fast SUV, but I hate the hesitation is has when you hit the gas. Like it's thinking, should I go or should I not. Then the rattling all over the place. This is a one year old car! This should not happen to any vehicle. The fuel economy is worse then probably an 1974 Caddy. The leather is beginning to show wear. Tranny had some shifting problems and this noise it makes around 40 mph. Seems the quality is just not there. Trading this joke in for a BMW X5. And as for speed and power, doesn't really feel that 420 pony's are pulling at times. I just don't get Jeep (mopar) Great idea, but its like they didn't follow through at end.

Think before you buy one!
By MOTV8D on 03/18/07 02:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my SRT8 for almost a year and it has been a year filled with visits to the dealership. The Jeep is a fun vehicle, but has proven to be less than reliable. The outright performance is amazing. The limited usefulness should be a consideration when looking at making a purchase. The low towing capacity (3500lbs) and small size make it more of a toy than a true SUV.

Bad to the bone
By BOB WATKINS on 11/15/06 08:20 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my SRT8 for two weeks now and I have never driven a more fun car in my life. My only complaint is rear seat legroom. But since I'll probably never sit there it is of little concern for me. The gas mileage is not great but I didn't buy it for fuel economy.The styling is a real head turner. I can barely get in the thing without someone wanting to know what it has under the hood once they hear the key hit the ignition. I am throughly pleased and I have no regrets about trading my Yukon Denali elephant for this street beast.

Awesome SUV! Hot!
By ChristieB on 10/27/06 23:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

There is no other SUV like this out there. The performance and handling is outstanding. It impresses me everyday and I love driving it everyday. It drives like a dream if you want to putt around and it drives like a race car if you want it to perform. All the bells and whistles are included. The price is right. It's mid-size yet has great cargo room. It fits all my 2 1/2 year old son's items including stroller. This is a hot suv. I test drove many other suvs and the minute I turned on the engine and drove off the lot to test drive it, I was sold and had to have it. The center dual exhaust is awesome!

Great Vehicle
By HTRon on 09/30/06 17:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Overall, an excellent vehicle. A couple of minor annoyances, I wish the cruise control dash indicator would come on when it is ENGAGED, not merely when it's turned on. Also, the alpha display is too multifunctional; I would prefer to see the outside temperature all the time, for example. Great power, though, and I really like the sound of the exhaust. I would purchase the SRT-8 again in a second.

sharp and fast but...
By kevin on 09/20/06 08:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

It's fast and sharp-looking. Other than that, there's not a whole lot more. It's terrible on gas and bumpy roads not to mention wet streets and non-existent off-roading capabilities. Very uncomfortable and unsettling on long drives. Also, very boring interior.

Outstanding!
By RTM on 09/01/06 04:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Absolutely incredible vehicle. I traded in my 2005 Audi A8 with no regrets. The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is an absolute blast to drive. Don't get this vehicle if you don't like gawkers and car questions for strangers!

Best Buy
By CCS on 08/09/06 19:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

A must have vehicle! A perfect combination for someone that still enjoys the finer things in life while having a need for a SUV due to two small kids. Quick, agile and flat out strong! I never imagined a vehicle that would ease the pain of parting with our Land Rover Defender 90. It's an awesome felling knowing that you have an elite vehicle that only a few are privileged to own.

one and only
By jay jay on 08/02/06 15:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car is great. It has so much going for it. Time will tell how reliable it is, but for now I'm very happy. The fact that I don't see many on the road is another good quality. Some would say I'm stepping down from a BMW x5 4.4, but I'm in the know. I'll have the last laugh, and at the finish line. I could care less for status symbol. I want performance. I get all the same perks navigation system, park assist, and hands free Bluetooth technology and great sound system. I can not compromise that. I paid an extra $1200 to BMW to get the premium sound. SRT-8 kicks.

The Fun Stuff
By Joseph on 07/19/06 23:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I had a hard time moving from my beloved Ford SVT to the SRT camp. I would do it all over again. I have a 2002 Lightning and the Jeep SRT8 if so much better in so many ways. I was stunned by the handling and the sheer acceleration. This thing pulls like a freight train and can handle curves like a high end sports car. The size is just right to handle myself, my spouse and our two kids on a road trip. Plenty of room for those things you need for a long weekend trip; bags, stroller, etc. My kids also love the rear seat entertainment system and the sound system rocks. This vehicle is stable at all speeds.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.