Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

More Fun Than You Ever Thought Possible!
By coolbreezesd5555

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Jeep SRT8. I own a number of pricey vehicles and more times than not, I choose my SRT8 Jeep. It is so powerful, quick, with a great sound! I love to throw my bike in the back and head to the mountains or beach - fast! It's fun, it's affordable and it's rare. By the way the seats are the most comfortable I have ever enjoyed in a vehicle under $100K. Buy it now, before the Feds find out how much fun we are having!

Engine. Seats. Exterior style. Price.

Better interior finish quality - but I know that Chrysler LLC is working on that already.

Terrible Product!
By Angry owner!!!!

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Where should I start? First, let me say that this is one fast SUV, but I hate the hesitation is has when you hit the gas. Like it's thinking, should I go or should I not. Then the rattling all over the place. This is a one year old car! This should not happen to any vehicle. The fuel economy is worse then probably an 1974 Caddy. The leather is beginning to show wear. Tranny had some shifting problems and this noise it makes around 40 mph. Seems the quality is just not there. Trading this joke in for a BMW X5. And as for speed and power, doesn't really feel that 420 pony's are pulling at times. I just don't get Jeep (mopar) Great idea, but its like they didn't follow through at end.

Power when it feels like it. Wheels, front grille. Mopar, upgrades.

Quality! Learn from BMW, on performance and engineering. Make interior a little more luxurious. Stop the rattles. Just re design the beast. Maybe then I'll come back. Till then, BMW is my car. Always has been.

Jeep and my experience
By tom soucy

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It performs well. Many great features. Ride is excellent and quality of vehicle is one of best I have seen. Went looking for Toyota Highlander or GMC Envoy. This was superior in ride and workmanship and better appointed for a very similar price.

Ride and interior desgn. Roominess and ease to get in and out. Wide and very comfy seats.

Add a feature as GM has like OnStar

expected more
By not pleased

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

When we first purchased I loved it. Now that my husband has bought a new larger truck, we have naoticed how loud the Jeep is. Also, the tires are poor quality and we have had our car in the shop twice in 1 month!!! First, we had a transmission leak and now the solanoaid in the transmission went out and the air conditioner went out at the same time. Mind you we only have 12,800 miles on the vehicle. If we had to do over again we would but looks like we are stuck with this vehicle for a few more years due to their resale value unless we get lucky and the vehicle is a lemon!!!

Not sure about this new Gr Cherokee
By nitlion

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1995 Gr. Cherokee, drive it until it had 175K miles and absolutely loved it! I'm not sure about my 2006 model. First off, the design of the interior must have been an after thought. Gear shift and brake handle takes up so much room that there's not enough storage space for anything. I work as a field salesman and have stuff that I need to have available when travelling-no place to store anything. The ledges are all sloped towards the driver, so you can't use those. HVAC vents are poorly placed to be of any benefit. My transmission does things while driving that I can't understand. V6 Engine is powerful enough for normal driving, but if you are planning to tow, get the V8.

Engine power is nice, handles OK and I haven't had any problems in the snow- yet! Ride and handling is OK, but nowhere near a sports car. Interior is roomy enough for long trips.

Engine is sluggish after going downhill and driver tries to accelerate up hill-Jeep needs to fix this. Also, transmission "shifts" & "jumps" while driving down the road and without warning. Rework interior design so that HVAC vents actually serve a purpose. And layout cockpit like a Toyota!