2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Toughest SUV on the road
By Mike on 03/21/06 11:05 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Words to describe this truck: Brute power, menacing, aggressive, intimidating, classic, smooth, head turner, exclusive, hungry (or thirsty), "get-out-of-my-way". I've put over 1000 miles on it and it is more fun to drive each day. It is also surprisingly quiet inside, and not as bumpy as I thought it would be. Stereo is clear and crisp, but could use a little more bass.

Grand Cherokee SRT
By 06BLKSRT on 03/20/06 14:41 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

So far the truck is great, has a couple of issues with build quality though. The interior design and layout is great, materials could be better. The door panels and dash for example. Performance is amazing. Gas mileage is what I expected, not much worse than my 5.7 Hemi was. Having some trouble with the exhaust, the pipes are crooked, had it replaced, looked good for 2 days and then crooked again. WHO KNOWS ? Worth the wait, and definitely worth the money.

still a few bugs
By Dez on 02/27/06 14:19 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Jeep. Traded in a 1999 GC limited in Nov 05. Have also driven long term/owned a Lexus 330 (wife's car), 2005 Durango (long term rental), an X5 4.4 , and 2002 Land Rover. Out of this group my $42K+ Jeep is the least refined and has the poorest build quality. Loose door handles and passenger door, wipers that turn on whenever, clunky drivetrain, tweeter shorted from factory, rough shifts. Other than these items the truck is unique in that it corners well, blows the doors off almost anything in its path and is impressively plush. Overall would not buy it again given the price tag and the quality issues. Service has been of very low caliber; nowhere near Lexus or BMW.

Jeep "ON STEROIDS"!
By kenny I. on 02/23/06 00:31 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Just picked up my SRT-8 Jeep Feb. 21st. The truck has 49 miles on it. Can't wait to start driving this monster and seeing what this HEMI is all about. Had an E55 2003 Benz, so i'm all about the torque. My Benz had 516lb. of torque, just a ton. This Jeep just rumbles as soon as i start it. All wheel drive, you can't beat it!

Best in Class!
By Dale D. on 02/20/06 12:39 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is just the right size. Spectacular engine. Looks great. I took if off road last week and it really impressed me! The only complaint I have is for a few more inches of leg room in the back (I'm 6'2"). But I would not want the Grand Cherokee to be any bigger, so I can't complain. Interior is very nice. Sound system is incredible! Love everything about it ... I also test drove a Toyota 4Runner because my buddy is a salesmen at a local dealership. Eeven with a money hookup it was a waste of time. It is a wannabe Jeep and does not come close. I am very pleased with my Jeep!

Balanced On/Off road
By Randy P on 02/18/06 09:14 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This 5.7 Liter Hemi really hauls! Unfortunately, this power does come at the expense of gas, where I average 12-14 MPG in mixed driving conditions. This might be more tolerable if the gas tank was larger. The engine is quiet and provides plenty of power, the transmission is smooth, suspension is excellent, road noise is inaudible (an improvement from earlier models), and off-road capabilities are unmatched for its class. This car is the perfect balance of power, refinement, and on and off road capabilities. Dependability will be determined; this has been a sore spot for Jeep in the past. Interior materials could be improved, plastic inside the car is abundant and cheap looking.

Incredible
By htverheyen on 02/11/06 17:43 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is amazing. To get this much performance and features from this type of car, you'd have to spend almost twice as much. Mileage: better than the V8 in the previous model. We average about 13.5 mpg in city, about 18.5 on highway (with K&N filter). Towing capacity: We needed above 6,500 lbs - not a lot of choices - this one tops all. Interior space: like the old version. Good for kids, short trips with 4 adults. Look for a Durango, Commander, or the Suburban types if you need the seating capacity. Short wheelbase: this car handles car-like, not truck-like. There's a reason why Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen have almost identical dimensions, mpg (with V8's).

A Really Fast SUV...
By ARH1956 on 02/09/06 22:30 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The 6.1 Hemi's 400+ ft lbs of torque, from just off idle, partnered with the superb MB 5-speed automatic assure that there's a constant flow of maximum thrust available. What a hoot to drive. I picked up my GC SRT-8 with 9 miles on it & the first tank averaged 10.5 mpg. Hey, that's better than with my H2, LOL. Yesterday, with 500 miles on my SRT-8 I took a 300 mile trip, 40% @ 70mph ...50% @ 55mph ... with a little in town driving mixed in & averaged 16.4 mpg. Hey, I can deal with that.

Luxury SUV
By Joe on 02/08/06 12:52 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall one of the best SUVs you can get. Many options and styles to fit any need. Gripes -- plastic interior looks good but very hard and cheap to the touch. Leather seats have more vinyl than than leather. MPG should be better. Drivers power seat is too high.

SRT8
By AHMAD R SKINNER on 02/04/06 08:31 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car is very fun to drive if you can get your hands on one. It is definitely a keeper but I will tell you one thing, don't buy it for gas mileage because it has none but you will pass everything on the street but a gas station.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.