2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Great Bang for the buck
By lavrn03 on 05/31/06 05:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The JGCL with the 5.7 hemi is a great ride! Far better than years past with far better build quality. Huge amounts of power, great AWD system and tons of extras make this a great value. But only after the 0% 60 APR financing and huge discounts the dealers are giving. Stickered at $42k, selling for about $33-34k. The sticker its very expensive but $7k off the mark makes these a great ride! BTW you can get 20MPG with the hemi if you lock it on the highway at 65mph and are not climbing. Otherwise it's 10-17mpg, depending on the mix. I don't do a lot of highway and have seen it as low as 11.5 mpg for a whole tank.

2nd Jeep 05 and 06
By bill james on 05/16/06 05:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My 2005 was a lemon. I was given a $5000 settlement from Jeep. The transmission kept blowing pumps and it had a vibration even after the recall on the torque converter, 3 converters and a transmission rebuild. I took the money and traded it in on a 06. So far the 06 does not have the problems the 05 had, but on the 05 it started with 16,000 miles. In the first 6,000 miles on this Jeep it has been fine. Jeep sales depreciates pretty quickly due to many of the incentives and a lot of Jeeps at the auctions that come off lease ruin the market. So if you’re buying a Jeep make sure you aren't in a hurry to sell, just run it into the ground.

Jeep Overland 5.7 Hemi
By TBarnett on 05/03/06 08:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is a real fun driving experience. Every time I get in the vehicle and turn the key to start the car, a big smile comes across my face. Daimler Chrysler really hit a home run with this vehicle teamed with the HEMI engine. I had two Explorers and an Expedition before this. I had looked seriously at the new Hummer H3. But, when I drove the H3 and this Jeep, the choice was easy to go with the Jeep. It performs awesome with the HEMI engine and handles very well.

Oh What Fun
By Southernfan on 04/25/06 01:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Use my 4WD 5.7 Cherokee local, interstate and in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. Performs flawlessly on and off road. Like the size inside and out-for two adults plus cargo. Will pull anything up the highest passes. In deep snow, ice and off-road it is rock solid, safe and reliable. The Cherokee is what other SUV's want to be. In fact, it is in a category unto itself.

Great SUV
By jeepyeah on 04/20/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The 5.7 L Hemi is awesome in the performance it provides. I highly recommend spending the extra money to get the Hemi. You won't regret it.

The Good Jeep.
By ziggy on 04/19/06 17:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

THIS is the third Jeep for me. I like it. No problems with the other two, both had the 4.7 liter V8. This one has the 5.7 liter V8. I have about 200 miles on it. I'm averaging about 14.7 miles per gallon. The ride is a lot better, the inside looks better. In all a great Jeep.

Be Honest - Why do you want this truck?
By Dave on 04/15/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

In buying this truck, you need to be honest with yourself. Why do you want it? Do you need the utility aspect (ie. cargo space, towing, luggage rack, etc.)? Do you need something fuel efficient...scratch that...do you need something even remotely fuel efficient? Do you need to consistently move 4-5 people around in it? If you answered, yes to any of these, get a Tahoe, or Yukon. If you only need some of these occasionally (and rarely at that) then this thing is incredible. If you want a vehicle that is fun to drive and to look at, and occasionally need some versatility to haul stuff, or move people, then this Grand Cherokee SRT8 is worth a serious look. I bought this after owning a Grand Cherokee Limited.

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8
By John Broyles on 04/02/06 05:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The most fun SUV I have ever driven. Nice interior, very stiff and sporty suspension. If you are looking for a high performance vehicle that can be driven year round, this is the one. Very nice interior and exterior design.

It's got a Hemi
By Hemi Guy on 03/26/06 03:44 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Own a '00 Mountaineer with V8, drove a new Explorer, Tribeca & Murano. Jeep & Murano are very close in comfort & performance. Jeep offered 0% financing. Jeep won. Hemi is great! Never believe the mileage figure on the sticker. All SUVs and crossovers in this class get close to the same mileage. I did a lot of research of cars in this class. Test drove a lot. Spent a little more than I had planned but I feel it will be worth it. Read the reviews by Car & Driver, Edmunds, etc. '06 is coming out on top. Get the HEMI - really a blast to drive.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Mike W on 03/23/06 12:55 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Let me be the first to say that I was not keen on the Grand Cherokee at first. I was a dyed in the wool “true Jeep” fan and was not interested in a “Chrysler” Jeep. My previous two vehicles were a 1989 Jeep Cherokee and a 1997 Jeep Cherokee, both of the original AMC design. It was about time to replace my Cherokee when I went on a business trip and ended up with the new Grand Cherokee as a rental and was immediately impressed. So when I got home, I purchased a base model Laredo with a V-6 and have been very happy. Lots of features on the base model and find the gas mileage and pick-up to be very impressive. Great on long trips. Still feels solid after 24,000 miles. No Rattles!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.