Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Explosive
By Gene

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Your mind can't seem to comprehend that something so heavy (4800 lbs) can explode with such force at the touch of the gas! Amazing power and handles like a sports car. Very user friendly interior. I would give comfort a 10 however the contour of the seats are a little narrow on your upper legs when you sit. Only reason I give fuel economy so high at a 5 is what do you expect from a 400+ horsepower beast? Performance is at par with my Subaru STI. Only vehicle on market that is all-wheel drive with 8 cylinders besides Audi! From reviews etc I do hear reliability is avg at best so take extended warranty. High 4's 0-60 is believable and mid to low 13's is too.

Favorite Features

Rain sensing windshield wipers. Automatic front and passenger touch up/down for power windows! Heated seats and power on both. One touch open and close sunroof! Steering wheel audio controls very user friendly. Exhaust note! Leather/suede seats. Impeccable exterior design turns heads

Suggested Improvements

Increase power-train warranty from 3/36 to 7/70. Same size tires in front and back for proper rotation. Improved gas mileage on highway! Standard automatic start in 06 model. Mute button for stereo. Power lumbar so you can determine how snug you would like to be.

Good Price for a Disposable (Laredo RWD)
By PuertoRico

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Good price among same category SUVs available having many more features for the same price as competitors. Has nice handling in curves thanks to ESP and electronic transmission control. Descent sound quality and air conditioning unit. Center rear view mirror auto dimming is definitely a plus. Transmission is jumpy and kicks from time to time. Interior finishes are kind of mediocre and unfortunately there are noises from the trunk's posts plastic covers and in the front console

Favorite Features

Nice handling in curves, bunch of extra features other competitors of the same category don't include and tinted glass on all the back.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality in assembly, finishing design and fuel economy

Repairs
By CRem

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I am 16,000 miles in my SRT8 and while fuel economy (12.7mpg average) stinks, it is a ton of fun to drive. A little stiff if you are in the backseat for anything over 15 minutes. On a down note, I had to have a rattle fixed at 1200 miles, the side door panel is installed slightly tilted and I see it every time I look in the side mirror which bugs me. Worst of all the brakes needed to be replaced at 15,900. Because of the Brembo brakes you can't get normal "lifetime" warranty brakes. You have to get the Brembo pads which have no guarantee. All in, brake pads and to have the rotors cut cost $1100. Ouch, will have to do it again most likely in another 15,000 miles.

Favorite Features

The exterior is flat out sharp and you get lots of questions at gas stations.

Suggested Improvements

Nicer interior and cheaper general maintenance options.

Love this Ride
By macdragonfl

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling, styling. Comfortable, quiet. Dependable. Best Grand Cherokee ever. Surpasses all American Midsize SUV's and many foreign

Favorite Features

Trip computer, simple control layout, firm supportive seats, solid feel, aggressive styling.

Suggested Improvements

MPG could be better

More Fun Than You Ever Thought Possible!
By coolbreezesd5555

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Jeep SRT8. I own a number of pricey vehicles and more times than not, I choose my SRT8 Jeep. It is so powerful, quick, with a great sound! I love to throw my bike in the back and head to the mountains or beach - fast! It's fun, it's affordable and it's rare. By the way the seats are the most comfortable I have ever enjoyed in a vehicle under $100K. Buy it now, before the Feds find out how much fun we are having!

Favorite Features

Engine. Seats. Exterior style. Price.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior finish quality - but I know that Chrysler LLC is working on that already.