Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Powerful, but for short people
By roadbeagle

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned several Jeep Cherokees and was displeased when the new body type came out. My two big complaints: the lousy gas mileage and the low headroom for driver and passenger. We have spent 18 months trying to move the seat and headrest every which way, but it is very difficult to get into the front seats without hitting your head on the top of the car or door frame. Otherwise, a great car with lots of power, lots of features and a pretty good price compared to the competition.

cargo capacity

higher roof, so you have more headroom.

06 Grand Cherokee Limited
By Jon

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had mine for a couple weeks but already it's the best 22 grand I've spent. The fuel economy is not the best but the way it drives and runs is fantastic. I highly suggest it to anybody that's in the market to get one.

Everything the interior is comfortable the engine is mean and body is sleek and pimp

Better fuel economy especially with fuel prices nowadays

Does not make me jump up and down
By erickson

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle is real safe. That is its best feature. I will not buy another jeep as the quality it very poor. The first problem was with the blower motor, hardly puts out any air at a low speed. I had transmission leaks that took three trips to the dealer to fix. A transmission switch went bad in the console and had to be fixed. Most recent the vehicle would not move. The traction system went crazy and made the vehicle stop. I had to shut off the traction light to get the vehicle to move. For the price of the vehicle and the problems I have had, I feel very disappointed with this jeep. I have been looking at GM products again. Looking to get rid of the jeep.

Traction control is great in winter driving.

Gas mileage, the jeep gets the same mileage as mile 1995 s-10 blazer. The blazer also had a low range, which is nice if one gets into mud. Really shop around and compare before you buy a jeep.

Horrible Gas Mileage, Very Poor Interior
By Joel Kirzner

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven this jeep now for around 24 months and am about to turn it back it to the dealer after my flease is up...thank god! I must say, for a quickly depreciating $30,000+ Chrysler vehicle, should I be surprised? I have the 65th Anniversary Edition that came out around Jan-Feb, 2006. The interior leaves much to be desired--hard plastic everywhere, questionable fit and finish and seat fabric that easily stains with the slightest bit of a rain drop. The gas mileage is atrocious. I average 14.2 mpg, granted, I live in Atlanta and drive mostly in city type traffic. Also, I'm sure the 4x4 version I have and never use on the newly paved suburban roads isn't helping out much either.

Sunroof, exterior styling, alloy wheels.

Can we all say... MILES PER GALLON?!? What the heck is so hard here? Jeesh, even the new Tahoes are getting better gas mileage than this hung of metal! Chrysler better shape up cause no one is going to want these things come $3- $4 gas. Improve the interior by 100%. It screams Cheap everywhere!

Explosive
By Gene

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Your mind can't seem to comprehend that something so heavy (4800 lbs) can explode with such force at the touch of the gas! Amazing power and handles like a sports car. Very user friendly interior. I would give comfort a 10 however the contour of the seats are a little narrow on your upper legs when you sit. Only reason I give fuel economy so high at a 5 is what do you expect from a 400+ horsepower beast? Performance is at par with my Subaru STI. Only vehicle on market that is all-wheel drive with 8 cylinders besides Audi! From reviews etc I do hear reliability is avg at best so take extended warranty. High 4's 0-60 is believable and mid to low 13's is too.

Rain sensing windshield wipers. Automatic front and passenger touch up/down for power windows! Heated seats and power on both. One touch open and close sunroof! Steering wheel audio controls very user friendly. Exhaust note! Leather/suede seats. Impeccable exterior design turns heads

Increase power-train warranty from 3/36 to 7/70. Same size tires in front and back for proper rotation. Improved gas mileage on highway! Standard automatic start in 06 model. Mute button for stereo. Power lumbar so you can determine how snug you would like to be.