Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Jeep Grand Cherokee
By Vetra Whittington on 01/31/06 13:44 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Jeep. The dependability of this vehicle is exceptional. I really doubt I would ever buy any other make auto. A real quality ride.

always wanted one
By dee on 01/31/06 13:34 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We have had few problems with our Jeep. We got it in May 2005. There is a recall on a part for the transmission so that was fixed but our check engine light kept coming on, and we barely drove our Jeep anywhere; it was a problem with the shifter. It was repaired after a few days, when they finally figured out what was wrong. I'm a stay at home mom so we barely drive it. I love driving it though I used to drive a Civic. What a difference. The only complaint is the trunk. I barely have room for a stroller let alone anything else.

Perfect size
By joe on 01/29/06 20:07 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The drivers power seat is too high for anyone over 5'10". The cargo area is a little small. The leather seats are mostly thick soft plastic. The rest of the interior is hard plastic; even the few padded areas have too little padding. Other than that I am very happy with my Grand Cherokee. It gives an excellent ride on or off road. The seats are very comfortable. The stereo is top notch. It has a very solid and stable feel to it that is hard to describe. Lower the seats and add some padding to the arm rests and dash and you have an SUV that will be the best in this price range.

Jeep Overland
By Steve DeLuca on 01/26/06 10:27 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Drives great in snow and wet conditions, very comfortable, seems to be dependable, have had problems with the radio (lots of static), poor gas mileage 12-14 miles per gallon -- definitely not what was advertised. Interior is very nice (sporty yet custom).

I am Enjoying My 2006 Jeep
By Robin Meyer on 01/16/06 12:08 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Laredo. It was my favorite car until I started to have problems with transmission. I hope they have fixed that problem, but I am back to try it again. So far it is great

Very Happy Owner
By Donald on 01/16/06 00:09 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a very nice piece of work for the price. It is my 6th SUV, including a BMW X-5, 2 Expeditions, a Blazer and a Bronco, and it is my favorite. Think of it as midway between a Subaru Outback Wagon and an Excursion. It is very agile given its hauling and towing capacities, and accelerates and handles as well on the road as the BMW X-5, which says a lot given its superior off-road capacities. The 5-speed automatic with "tiptronic" is easy to use and quite useful. The chassis is commendably stiff. The suspension is compliant and comfortable while still providing sporting handling. I recommend this vehicle highly.

Love My Jeep
By Jim on 12/30/05 01:59 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I reviewed a number of SUVs and finally decided on the Grand Cherokee based on its rugged styling, Edmunds reviews and dealer incentives. Thus far, I am very pleased and pleasantly surprised by its performance, comfort and luxury features. Have you ever noticed how many Jeeps are actually still on the road? They're everywhere!

Better ride
By Marilyn on 12/17/05 23:44 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This my 4th Jeep Grand Cherokee. I find the ride much smoother. The steering appears to be easier to handle. I think the back seat leg room should be widened by moving the back seats back so that a taller person has more leg room, especially if front seats are moved back. Glad to see the emergency brakes are now on drivers side instead of passenger side. Overall I am happier with this 2006 than my 2002 Jeep, hope I still feel this way by this time next year.

Better than a Ford!
By rick shauvin on 12/13/05 21:12 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have had the rig about a month. Traded in a Ford F150 Crew Cab which I hated from the day I drove it home. Jeep is fantastic in almost every aspect except fuel economy around town. Plenty of power and handles like a dream in the snow and ice. Great seat heaters. Great sound system. Turns on a dime. Got the inferno red which generates lots of compliments. Worth the $200 extra. Very quiet ride. Puny cargo space.

I love my Jeep
By Anne King on 11/14/05 08:11 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Jeep. I love the ability I have to haul lots of stuff in it. I am an avid gardener and an antiques dealer who hauls around lots of furniture and plants. This car is wonderful for that. I like it better than any of my family members SUV's by far.