2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Lovemylaredo
By luvmyjeep on 06/24/06 22:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with my Jeep. I have owned very nice high end sports cars and was afraid I would not enjoy driving a Jeep but I love it. It's comfortable on the road, easy to drive and park. I love it .

New '06 Grand Cherokee
By Brent on 06/23/06 06:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

'06 model needs a tighter fit and finish on interior materials and the V6 model needs more horsepower. I have found a few rattles that are hard to stop on the inside. Ride is nice, stereo system sounds great, and leather seats are durable over period of time unlike leathers in other brands. My V6 model gets excellent MPG for an SUV (19 - 20 mixed driving and 22 - 24 highway driving). Overall, nice mid-sized SUV.

I should have thought twice
By kenny on 06/19/06 10:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Since the car is brand new of course there aren't any major problems yet, but I can tell there will be a lot. It seems like the components are cheaply made. For example: 1) Exterior rubber trim is all falling off 2) Car is loud for a brand new truck 3) AC is horrible, full blast and not cold 4) have to punch the steering wheel hard for the horn to work 5) Acceleration is horrible: it lags on and off and decides to accelerate when it feels like it. Sometimes there is no response when the gas pedal is pushed down. Overall the car just seems like it's doomed. Luckily I leased it for 3 years and then I'm out. I've had used cars run better. I'm going back to Japanese models, they're better.

Need more
By Pfunk on 06/17/06 16:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I just can't wait for all the aftermarkets to come out, Ram-air and turbo-charger

Jeep Overland review
By Reed Mueller on 06/16/06 16:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2002 Overland for the 2006 model. I have been very pleased. The performance and handling are far superior. The hemi has limitless power but sucks down the gas (10mpg in town and 17 on the highway). Off road ability is still exceptional. Rear trunk appears smaller than previous version but still works well for me. This Jeep is definitely wider that the previous version with less rocking side to side movement.

Only Jeep
By teamcolvin on 06/12/06 13:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 130k miles. I looked at Lexus SUV, Cadillac and 4 Runner. None of them compared to the Jeep. Rugged, as always, but very refined compared to older Jeeps. Variable displacement is crucial. A big improvement from my old Jeep. Extremely fun to drive. If you are worried about fuel economy, buy a car. If you are looking for a class ride with a whole lot of muscle, drive this beast!

Love my Grand Cherokee
By Rhett on 06/09/06 17:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

So far I love my Laredo. I do miss a few things in my old car (different make) but so far I love my Jeep. I've heard a few bad things about the GC but I'm crossing my fingers that nothing bad (tranny, etc.) will go bad.

let's play in the mud
By phillip bollinger on 06/01/06 16:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the vehicle, downsized from a '04 Denali XL with the 6.0 engine, so even with the hemi I love the gas mileage. Plus it's fun to dust all of these people in cars who have no clue that a suv can move like that. Great to drive, biggest and best surprise was how good the ride is. I really thought that moving down so much in wheelbase would make it ride much worse than the Denali, I can hardly tell a difference. Already had to pull a full size Ford out with it, the 4x4 system is amazing-especially to be able to pull that much weight (F-250 on grass) and be able to maintain traction was phenomenal, much better than the one I had in the Denali and it was good. Last thing-I love it!

So Far So Good
By Bob on 06/01/06 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a solid and very comfortable SUV. The interior is nice and is very quiet. It drives and handles very well too. The stereo is awesome. So far, it is one of the finest vehicles I have owned.

Great Bang for the buck
By lavrn03 on 05/31/06 05:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The JGCL with the 5.7 hemi is a great ride! Far better than years past with far better build quality. Huge amounts of power, great AWD system and tons of extras make this a great value. But only after the 0% 60 APR financing and huge discounts the dealers are giving. Stickered at $42k, selling for about $33-34k. The sticker its very expensive but $7k off the mark makes these a great ride! BTW you can get 20MPG with the hemi if you lock it on the highway at 65mph and are not climbing. Otherwise it's 10-17mpg, depending on the mix. I don't do a lot of highway and have seen it as low as 11.5 mpg for a whole tank.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.