2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Oh What Fun
By Southernfan on 04/25/06 01:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Use my 4WD 5.7 Cherokee local, interstate and in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. Performs flawlessly on and off road. Like the size inside and out-for two adults plus cargo. Will pull anything up the highest passes. In deep snow, ice and off-road it is rock solid, safe and reliable. The Cherokee is what other SUV's want to be. In fact, it is in a category unto itself.

Great SUV
By jeepyeah on 04/20/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The 5.7 L Hemi is awesome in the performance it provides. I highly recommend spending the extra money to get the Hemi. You won't regret it.

The Good Jeep.
By ziggy on 04/19/06 17:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

THIS is the third Jeep for me. I like it. No problems with the other two, both had the 4.7 liter V8. This one has the 5.7 liter V8. I have about 200 miles on it. I'm averaging about 14.7 miles per gallon. The ride is a lot better, the inside looks better. In all a great Jeep.

It's got a Hemi
By Hemi Guy on 03/26/06 03:44 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Own a '00 Mountaineer with V8, drove a new Explorer, Tribeca & Murano. Jeep & Murano are very close in comfort & performance. Jeep offered 0% financing. Jeep won. Hemi is great! Never believe the mileage figure on the sticker. All SUVs and crossovers in this class get close to the same mileage. I did a lot of research of cars in this class. Test drove a lot. Spent a little more than I had planned but I feel it will be worth it. Read the reviews by Car & Driver, Edmunds, etc. '06 is coming out on top. Get the HEMI - really a blast to drive.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Mike W on 03/23/06 12:55 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Let me be the first to say that I was not keen on the Grand Cherokee at first. I was a dyed in the wool “true Jeep” fan and was not interested in a “Chrysler” Jeep. My previous two vehicles were a 1989 Jeep Cherokee and a 1997 Jeep Cherokee, both of the original AMC design. It was about time to replace my Cherokee when I went on a business trip and ended up with the new Grand Cherokee as a rental and was immediately impressed. So when I got home, I purchased a base model Laredo with a V-6 and have been very happy. Lots of features on the base model and find the gas mileage and pick-up to be very impressive. Great on long trips. Still feels solid after 24,000 miles. No Rattles!

still a few bugs
By Dez on 02/27/06 14:19 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Jeep. Traded in a 1999 GC limited in Nov 05. Have also driven long term/owned a Lexus 330 (wife's car), 2005 Durango (long term rental), an X5 4.4 , and 2002 Land Rover. Out of this group my $42K+ Jeep is the least refined and has the poorest build quality. Loose door handles and passenger door, wipers that turn on whenever, clunky drivetrain, tweeter shorted from factory, rough shifts. Other than these items the truck is unique in that it corners well, blows the doors off almost anything in its path and is impressively plush. Overall would not buy it again given the price tag and the quality issues. Service has been of very low caliber; nowhere near Lexus or BMW.

Best in Class!
By Dale D. on 02/20/06 12:39 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is just the right size. Spectacular engine. Looks great. I took if off road last week and it really impressed me! The only complaint I have is for a few more inches of leg room in the back (I'm 6'2"). But I would not want the Grand Cherokee to be any bigger, so I can't complain. Interior is very nice. Sound system is incredible! Love everything about it ... I also test drove a Toyota 4Runner because my buddy is a salesmen at a local dealership. Eeven with a money hookup it was a waste of time. It is a wannabe Jeep and does not come close. I am very pleased with my Jeep!

Balanced On/Off road
By Randy P on 02/18/06 09:14 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This 5.7 Liter Hemi really hauls! Unfortunately, this power does come at the expense of gas, where I average 12-14 MPG in mixed driving conditions. This might be more tolerable if the gas tank was larger. The engine is quiet and provides plenty of power, the transmission is smooth, suspension is excellent, road noise is inaudible (an improvement from earlier models), and off-road capabilities are unmatched for its class. This car is the perfect balance of power, refinement, and on and off road capabilities. Dependability will be determined; this has been a sore spot for Jeep in the past. Interior materials could be improved, plastic inside the car is abundant and cheap looking.

Incredible
By htverheyen on 02/11/06 17:43 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is amazing. To get this much performance and features from this type of car, you'd have to spend almost twice as much. Mileage: better than the V8 in the previous model. We average about 13.5 mpg in city, about 18.5 on highway (with K&N filter). Towing capacity: We needed above 6,500 lbs - not a lot of choices - this one tops all. Interior space: like the old version. Good for kids, short trips with 4 adults. Look for a Durango, Commander, or the Suburban types if you need the seating capacity. Short wheelbase: this car handles car-like, not truck-like. There's a reason why Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen have almost identical dimensions, mpg (with V8's).

Luxury SUV
By Joe on 02/08/06 12:52 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall one of the best SUVs you can get. Many options and styles to fit any need. Gripes -- plastic interior looks good but very hard and cheap to the touch. Leather seats have more vinyl than than leather. MPG should be better. Drivers power seat is too high.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.