Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Misled
By Derek

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2006 WK not with 60,000 miles. Besides the hard seats poor MPG's and electrical gremlins. My door hinges on the front doors are failing and are hitting the front fenders. There are only 2 bolts that hold the hinges on and they has tons of slack. The cost to fix the problem either $400 for new hinges or $1,000 to have new ones installed and to have the doors rehung. Engineering and build quality is pitiful. I will be trading in this piece of junk ASAP for something foreign. BTW I am a jeep fan with an old wagoneer that is absolutely bulletproof.

QTII is amazing off road and has plenty of power with the 4.7.

Improve build quality and engineering.

not bad
By Katrina Woiten

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this in July with 22k on it and loved it from the get go with only a few reservations, first:the dealership never did give me the 500 dollar gas card I was promised so that soured the experience somewhat. Also the radio went haywire after a few months and the passenger window has a mind of its own at times, the local dealer (not where I bought it) has been great with warranty work though. I would like to have them put the manual control for the 4wd back though as I prefer to decide when this is on. Handles well, drives like a car! Gas mileage is abysmal for a v6... I average 19 or so.

Fourth Grand Cherokee...and my last
By joe

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th grand Cherokee and will definitely be my last although it is a big improvement over the 2000 I had before. I have the 65th Anniversary with the 3.7L V-6. It's a much more refined ride over the 2000 Laredo I had. 31,000 miles and the brakes have already had to be re-done 3 times, and the 30k mile service cost me about $900 after taxes...OUCH! Fuel mileage on the highway is 19- 20mpg and in the city is 14-15. My wife's Tahoe gets better and has better room and power. Had a transmission leak at 14k miles (fixed under warranty). Mine has been in the shop 7 times (brakes, transmission, electrical problems (the door locks wouldn't work) The dealer does a good job but is $$$$

the sunroof, heated seats in cloth (don't like leather seats), ride is much improved over the 2000 I had. Could be a great SUV with reliability improvements. Good ride, GREAT in snow/ice

lethargic V-6. The old 4.0L in my last jeep had more pickup and better mileage. Reliability on brakes (brake jobs done at 3k, 11k, and 30k miles) of course these aren't covered under warranty. Wish I had my old jeep back. It was more reliable.

Never AGAIN!
By Bethany

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Jeep a few months ago and have had NOTHING but problems with it! I would be driving down the road and the jeep would just shut off. The next day it wouldn't speed up over 10 miles an hour. I have had it in the shop 3 times in 3 months! Chrysler keeps telling me they can't find anything wrong with it. Yeah,right they can't. I will NEVER buy another jeep again.

Looks cool, inside comfy and AWD.

Better fabric on the seats (so water doesn't stain it), more reliable car...I am DEATHLY afraid to drive this Jeep anywhere

Not bad, Not bad at all.
By Justin Brown

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 65th Anniversary Edition with the 4.7 Liter V8. I do a lot of highway driving an was instantly impressed with the Gas Mileage. I average 20, sometimes event 21/22 in a V8! (and i am a 23 yr old male, so believe me when i say i don't really baby it) The city gas mileage i average around 16/17, which is "ok". I mean it is a V8, cant expect a lot. I love the power the V8 offers, and the towing capabilities. The looks are sleek, and I always get compliments. I HATE the seat belt chime doesn't turn off. Overall I am really happy with the purchase, I have had it for about (2) months now and no real complaints so far.

The V8 power and impressed with the given gas mileage being it is a V8. Like the new looks, always getting compliments.

I think the interior could use some improvements. It looks kinda *dull* I also think leather should be stock in the 65th anniversary editions.