2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Tall Folks Beware
By San Antonio Guy on 07/26/06 19:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland edition with the 5.7L Hemi. From the exterior, the vehicle is beautiful! Inside, the seats are well designed with an authentic Jeep style. The engine purrs and delivers a seemingly endless supply of power. I was very excited by the thought of having such a rugged SUV with so much power AND navigation. Now for the bad news. If you are over six feet tall, DO NOT buy this or any Jeep Grand Cherokee. With the seat all the way down on the driver's side, I can still feel my hair scraping the ceiling. Forget wearing a hat! It is impossible for me to ride as a passenger - no room. Lucky for me, my wife is a foot shorter. I now pine for the MDX!

Love the car if not in shop
By Corey on 07/21/06 16:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the performance of this car and it drives great but it has a lot of mechanical problems. I have had the car in the shop 7 times in the first year and a half. I have had two sets of driveshafts go bad. The air bag light keeps going on and the service brake light does the same thing; lots of rattles and it has never been off road.

unbeatable
By rich on 07/17/06 17:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I think the 5.7 is a blast to drive. Handles better than my 06 STS. Softer ride also. Gas bills, we all have them. Tell the old muscle car guys about gas. They will tell you the same. OH WELL.

Love to Drive my Grand Cherokee
By Paul on 07/16/06 17:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just came off a 2400 mile trip. The I found the Grand Cherokee comfortable enough to drive 14 hours straight switching drivers. We hit very heavy rains at times driving home and I always felt the Jeep was stable with the ESP and the Quadra Drive system. The inside cabin was comfortable, and all the controls were easy to reach. I am looking forward taking the Jeep off roading.

Love it!
By Kent on 07/15/06 06:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first new vehicle I've ever bought, and I'm loving it! The seats are very comfy--I like the heated seats in the winter, the ride is smooth, it'll drive anywhere, and it looks cooool. The 4.7L V8 has power to spare--I'm glad I didn't spend the extra money for the Hemi. I can carry a lot of cargo inside, plus with the roof basket and bike racks I can carry almost anything for a weekend in the woods. This Jeep also handles like a dream. I never imagined an SUV could take corners like this! The ride is smooth in spite of the on/off road tires, even at highway speeds. Traction control, ABS, Quadra Trac II, airbags everywhere.

CD Changer issues
By Denise on 07/03/06 14:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall I really like my Jeep. It offers a smooth comfortable ride. All controls are easily accessible and operation is intuitive. There is one troublesome issue. At purchase I upgraded to a 6 CD changer. Change is the key word - we are about to install the 4th one in 5 months. I'm told the specified unit is new to the 2006 model year and "a lot of units have been replaced". The SUV is great, but skip the CD changer upgrade.

Extremely pleased
By Pat on 06/26/06 20:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

What a great SUV. Drives & handles excellent. It's smooth, quiet, safe & responsive. Many great options. My last 4X4 was a loaded Ford Expedition but rode & handled like a truck. I had a Jeep salesman take me for a demo ride in a Grand last winter during a bad snowstorm to highlight how the Mercedes platform handles/controls in icy treacherous conditions. He drove it hard & the control & performance was very impressive. For 4 months I shopped other SUVs but went back for the Jeep! I drive the Colorado mountains 12 months a year so winter safety is important but also wanted to move into a luxury ride. It handles our 10K foot passes great. So far 18/23MPG. My Ford got 11/15 MPG. The increase in MPG alone is worth every $.

If I had it to do over again
By ryan on 06/25/06 19:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Although I love the navigation, heated seats and the dvd player I would trade all of that for the upgraded 4 wheel drive system. I have the Quadra-Drive 1 which in my opinion is not a very good choice. I actually got stuck in a small snow drift. If you're going to get a Jeep get the Quadra-Trac not the Quadra-Drive!

Lovemylaredo
By luvmyjeep on 06/24/06 22:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with my Jeep. I have owned very nice high end sports cars and was afraid I would not enjoy driving a Jeep but I love it. It's comfortable on the road, easy to drive and park. I love it .

New '06 Grand Cherokee
By Brent on 06/23/06 06:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

'06 model needs a tighter fit and finish on interior materials and the V6 model needs more horsepower. I have found a few rattles that are hard to stop on the inside. Ride is nice, stereo system sounds great, and leather seats are durable over period of time unlike leathers in other brands. My V6 model gets excellent MPG for an SUV (19 - 20 mixed driving and 22 - 24 highway driving). Overall, nice mid-sized SUV.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.