109,000 miles
By jeepmode on
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
My fourth jeep, The check engine light kept coming on. After years of dealing with this nussiance, turns out it was a leaky grommet where electrical wires passed through into the tranny. After the tranny was serviced and topped off, even more fluid would pour out. It was an easy fix for the local dealer after I brought it back in. The check enginge light has behaved itself since then. Now I am going to address the lifter noises that have me worried. I will be upgrading the shocks and rotors next time I tear into the brakes. K&N stock replacement filter added about 1-2 mpg (19 highway). I enjoy driving this jeep, It handles good in all conditions. I wish I had heated mirrors, and seats std.
Favorite Features
Handles nice, good power for a 6 cylinder.
Suggested Improvements
I know this is a Laredo with mimimal options, but the brakes are pretty soft. The rotors are not up to the job with warping and fading. Fog lights and heated mirrors and seats should be standard too. I also think the upholstery stains to easily. The e-brake handle pops loose sometimes when I set it. That disturbs me. I don't think it was a good idea to seal the transmission dipstick. A lot of good trannys were destroyed because of this. I wish there were a 24 gallon fuel tank. It would make this vehicle alot nicer for road trips.