Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SUV Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Grand cHEROkee
By Mike

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best car I have ever owned. It has 145,000 miles and all I've ever had to do beside changing the oil, is put a new battery in it, tires f and r breaks and a rear main seal. Its not terrible for 10 y/o car that I have owned since new. It has been a good car and I would recommend to anyone. Besides who makes cast iron engines anymore????

First of many
By Nick novosel

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first jeep let alone my first car. Bought it with 76,000 miles and just hit 100,000 miles. Compared to my dads Silverado and my moms trail blazer the ride is definitely better in city and on the highway. I drive fast and hard and hardly let the engine warm up in below freezing temps. I live just over 2 miles from Lake Michigan and when that lake effect snow doesn't stop neither does my jeep. Last summer at 89,000 it wouldn't shift from 1st to 2nd due to the solenoid between the two going out. $380 fix but the transmission specialist said its a great heavy duty transmission (the same one they put in sprinter vans) and that it's not a common problem.only other problem besides that is at an idle the rpm sometimes bobs between 550 and 750. I've read the same thing on other reviews and it doesn't really seem to give anyone problems. Besides that, it's the easiest vehicle to park out there. Turning radius on it is crazy..even better than my sisters 08 fusion. There are also ZERO blind spots on this car. Gas mileage is poor but I could care less

Best suv ever
By Ron formhals

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Owned jeep 4yr never a problem other than normal maintence!

whats better then a jeep
By diablo1111d1

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

brought my jeep grand cherokee larado 2x4 used 1 year ago and i love.brought it as a 2nd car for the weekends to go to the beach,rivers and mountains.i live in dominican republic and the roads to the beaches and rivers are really rocky.wanted a suv with true off road capability and that could take a pounding with rough roads.thats what the jeep brand is made 4 and thats what it does.love the air suspension shocks.i 'v never had a problem yet with my jeep.i see alot of people writing bad comments but i don't understand why.every car or suv in time i guess needs some type of maintance.no car or suv is perfect.u eventually will have to replace parts.jeep takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

air suspension and smooth ride over all terrian.i have a 2x4 (not 4x4) but the suspension is the same.unless u plan to go mud trailing or water diving u don;t need 4x4.what i like is i don't have to really replace the transfer case.u should buy a jeep for what its made four.bad trails and rough roads.if u want luxury by a differnt type of suv.if u want a car feel suv to drive a nice roads by a differnt suv.if u need a suv primerally for rough roads and pot holes like nyc.then this jeep is 4 u.love the leather on my jeep also.it's very bland inside but i love the smooth and clean lines.plus the body dosen't differ much from the 2012 jeep.lights are a little more euro.gas milage is bad either.

non really.jeep is american so parts are inexpensive.if u do need to replace a part it won;t hit u over the head like a foriegn autimoblie.can find parts cheap on ebay.use to own a bmw x5,should i say more lol.all in all i love my jeep.iam sold.plan to be loyal customer.no more bmw 4 me.

Do not recommend
By Disappointed

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this Jeep Sept. 15 last year and it is now Oct. 4 of the following year. One month after we bought it the engine light came on, when we took it in they had to replace both catalytic converters. Last month the engine light came on again and they said one of the converters was bad so they replaced it, the day after we got it back the light came back on and they had to replace the other one again. The next day after we got it back the light came on again and they had to replace the oxygen sensor, then we got it back and sure enough the light came on again the next day so I took it to another shop who told me that I need either an oxygen sensor or my catalytic converters are bad again.

Gives you plenty of detailed information on the dash.

Gas mileage, better system for figuring out what is wrong, better catalytic converters.