Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Grand-cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

whats better then a jeep
By diablo1111d1

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

brought my jeep grand cherokee larado 2x4 used 1 year ago and i love.brought it as a 2nd car for the weekends to go to the beach,rivers and mountains.i live in dominican republic and the roads to the beaches and rivers are really rocky.wanted a suv with true off road capability and that could take a pounding with rough roads.thats what the jeep brand is made 4 and thats what it does.love the air suspension shocks.i 'v never had a problem yet with my jeep.i see alot of people writing bad comments but i don't understand why.every car or suv in time i guess needs some type of maintance.no car or suv is perfect.u eventually will have to replace parts.jeep takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Favorite Features

air suspension and smooth ride over all terrian.i have a 2x4 (not 4x4) but the suspension is the same.unless u plan to go mud trailing or water diving u don;t need 4x4.what i like is i don't have to really replace the transfer case.u should buy a jeep for what its made four.bad trails and rough roads.if u want luxury by a differnt type of suv.if u want a car feel suv to drive a nice roads by a differnt suv.if u need a suv primerally for rough roads and pot holes like nyc.then this jeep is 4 u.love the leather on my jeep also.it's very bland inside but i love the smooth and clean lines.plus the body dosen't differ much from the 2012 jeep.lights are a little more euro.gas milage is bad either.

Suggested Improvements

non really.jeep is american so parts are inexpensive.if u do need to replace a part it won;t hit u over the head like a foriegn autimoblie.can find parts cheap on ebay.use to own a bmw x5,should i say more lol.all in all i love my jeep.iam sold.plan to be loyal customer.no more bmw 4 me.

Do not recommend
By Disappointed

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this Jeep Sept. 15 last year and it is now Oct. 4 of the following year. One month after we bought it the engine light came on, when we took it in they had to replace both catalytic converters. Last month the engine light came on again and they said one of the converters was bad so they replaced it, the day after we got it back the light came back on and they had to replace the other one again. The next day after we got it back the light came on again and they had to replace the oxygen sensor, then we got it back and sure enough the light came on again the next day so I took it to another shop who told me that I need either an oxygen sensor or my catalytic converters are bad again.

Favorite Features

Gives you plenty of detailed information on the dash.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, better system for figuring out what is wrong, better catalytic converters.

Just an update
By Katrina Woiten

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've posted here before but I am doing so again for two reasons: one, all of us having issues with the admittedly awful cloth seats need to be aware of one little trick, get some 'tuff- stuff' upholstery cleaner (available in all automotive departments) spray the entire seat, wipe with a wet cloth.This will 'reset' the cloth and return it to a uniform appearance. I also recently had to have a shift module replaced by the dealer, a 750 dollar part made in the Czech republic, remember the tranny in this car is a German one with all the good and bad attributes of such. what precipitated this repair was at times the car simply would not start and after some key wiggling etc it would.

Favorite Features

Style, the new one has lost me, I will not but another one.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG

Awesome SUV
By gaffrey

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this Jeep, never owning an SUV before. It runs great, has been incredibly reliable, and I haven't had any issues with it. I'm surprised at how great of a car it has been. The only thing, as with all suvs, is the gas mileage. It's good for an SUV, but it's not a Honda Civic. Overall it has been a great vehicle.

Favorite Features

Dashboard tell you how many miles you have left till an empty tank. Great space in the back. No blind spots.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

it was ok...now I wonder
By michelle

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car as a demo. I noticed automatically that when I would stop it would shake and seemed like it wanted to turn off. I took it in and they "fixed" it. That problem was never fixed. The mileage is bad I get 13.6 miles city AND highway. THe check engine has come on since I bought it and they could never find anything wrong with it. My power windows now stop sometimes. The alarm is not working. Did I mention the gas? That is horrible. I always wanted to own one of these vehicles I liked it at the beging because it was pretty then the seats really got stained and I could not find anyone who could take the stains on. I would not get one again looking to trade in value is low

Favorite Features

pretty car at beginning

Suggested Improvements

better seats better mileage better warranty...should not be standard 36000...should have a 75000 mile warranty