2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Don't buy-transmission problems
By millert30523 on 08/03/07 07:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good looking vehicle. Has many mechanical issues. Transmission is crap. Mine went out at 41000 and I had problems getting Chrysler to fix it. There is something horribly wrong when a vehicle has 41000 miles on it and the transmission fails. Don't buy. Cheaply built. I traded for a Honda.

2006 Grand Cherokee Limited
By Ken on 07/11/07 15:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Grand Cherokee. The first being a 1995 with V8 engine. This 2006 model has the 4.7 V8 and is terrible on gas in city driving ( 12- 13 MPG). On the highway it doesn't do better than 19 and averages around 18MPG. I did better with the old 318 in the 95 model. You would think after 10 years and less engine displacement Jeep could improve their mileage ratings. With only 8,000 miles on it I am beginning to see the telltale signs of future issues...like the outside temp gage display isn't working properly and the engine has a ticking sound like old lifters or someting. If I have the same issues with this Jeep that I had with the old one it's good by Chrysler and never again.

Good looks...bad ride
By Brian Rhodes on 02/22/07 10:08 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Really like the looks of the Jeep, but BIG disappointment with the ride. Not very smooth and seems to "wobble & shimmy" on the road...worse when you are on open highway and very windy. Wish I had had a better test drive, would have thought twice about buying. Looking to trade now!

LOVE MY JEEP
By MMKMWARD on 01/02/07 19:21 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Jeep I purchased was with the Limited 5.7L V8 HEMI option. I love the vehicle, this is the 2nd Jeep I have owned. I owned a 1995 Jeep Laredo which I traded in after 9 years, and now am in love with the Jeep Limited. It is a lot of fun to drive, there is a lot of power in this vehicle and the interior is very comfortable and the options are outstanding. I definitely recommend the Jeep SUV and will probably not own any other brand of SUV. I'll be on #3 in another 9 years (or less) hopefully. Jeep makes an awesome vehicle, my husband is on his 2nd Jeep also.

Great so far
By froggy13 on 10/29/06 06:32 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After driving the 1997 Grand Cherokee with the 4.0L 6cyl. for several years the 2006 does not disappoint. The 4.7 has plenty of power and is smooth as silk in either light to light driving or at highway speeds. The only down side is that it is a bit harder to see out of than the 97 but large side view mirrors help. Also the adjustable pedals are great for keeping the shorter people in your life well back from the airbags which is a huge piece of mind for me.

NewJeepOwner
By NewJeepOwner on 10/28/06 22:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Prior to this SUV, I had a Chrysler Sebring LXI. I really needed an SUV for my new baby (born in May). I've been pretty satisfied with it until my air bag light started going on. I was about 100 miles before my 6000 mile service and today took it to the dealer at 6100 miles. They said no code was recorded and that the system would be reset. Guess what, not even 1/2 mile down the road and the light comes back on. Went back to the dealer (with my 5 month old baby) and they tell me no code again. I've been researching all night and found that this has been happening since 1998. Can't Jeep fix this? I'm worried about the future. I need reliability! Saw that '02 models are having window problems. Yikes!

My 5th Jeep, tried others but came back
By Mo on 10/28/06 06:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Jeep since 1998. 3 Laredos, 1 Liberty, and now Grand Cherokee Limited with the Hemi. Love it! Tested Lexus 400H and Nissan Murano, but came back. Really feel secure in this vehicle when driving down the road. Heavy, smooth. I am 5'2", 95lbs, and can see (slight blind spots in back like all my Cherokees) and reach everything. Love the satellite radio, auto high beam, window wiper sensors. After the Liberty, which still have, love how the wind doesn't push me around in this vehicle. Drive 500 miles to and from work every week and this makes it really enjoyable. Can't believe the compliments from co-workers in the parking lot.

Awesome
By John Saba on 09/03/06 09:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 5.7 liter Hemi engine. I have owned and driven many European and Japanese SUVs but I was totally blown away but this car's performance. It is also very fun to drive. The interior gives you a specially cozy feeling inside. Downside is the fuel economy, which in fact is not much different from any other SUV, doesn't come even close in performance. Also I am 6' 4" and although I fit in perfectly well I don't recommend it to anyone taller.

The 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rocks!
By steve-o on 07/26/06 23:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Grand Cherokee and I think they have improved it from the earlier model (2003). The ride is very solid and very quiet considering it's a SUV. The added features such as GPS navi and satellite radio is nice too. I also like the exterior styling - very modern.

CD Changer issues
By Denise on 07/03/06 14:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall I really like my Jeep. It offers a smooth comfortable ride. All controls are easily accessible and operation is intuitive. There is one troublesome issue. At purchase I upgraded to a 6 CD changer. Change is the key word - we are about to install the 4th one in 5 months. I'm told the specified unit is new to the 2006 model year and "a lot of units have been replaced". The SUV is great, but skip the CD changer upgrade.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.