2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-8 6.1L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )
FUN!!
By 1fastsuv on 01/30/14 12:30 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I ordered my 2006 SRT8 brand new in 06. It took 3 months to get but it was well worth the wait. I now have over 100,000 miles on it and have never had to do anything but change the oil. (and tires) Last month I put a carbon fiber hood on it, and right now it's at a performance shop having a turbo installed. It's not great on gas but I didn't buy it expecting it to be economical.

Spectacular!
By ultgarage on 11/01/12 20:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have been wanting a Jeep SRT8 since they were first produced and I recently bought a 2006 with 79,000 miles. It takes my breath away whenever I punch the throttle. It looks great, ir very comfortable, can outhandle most of the so-called sports cars on the road, and has plenty of great features: nav, in-dash CD changer, rear DVD player, soft leather seat trim, and power everything. If I don't lean on it too much I can get 18-19 MPG but the temptation is too great most of the time. It can smoke almost anything else out there from a dead stop. Shift the transmission down to low gear on a slow roll and floor the throttle and try and tell me it's not the wildest ride ever wrapped in an SUV body

Love this Jeep!
By Lisa on 08/12/10 21:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee a couple of months ago and love it! I know it doesn't get the best gas mileage, but its been reliable so far, and a pleasure to drive! No troubles~love the leather seats, sunroof, etc. This is a V-8 engine. It only has 40,000 miles and I plan to have it for several years!

Amazing
By srt8fan on 07/03/10 08:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is a really great car, i've never had any problems that the other people wrote about. It's not great on gas but what would you expect with the engine, no less its my daily driver. Every time i get into my car somewhere people come up to me and ask me questions, its pretty awesome it gets so much attention yet still a jeep. I don't miss any of my past cars until owning this. I use it everyday for to and from work and it never gives me a problem. i guess i lucked out like everyone has had something go wrong, i probably would have had a problem by now since it already has 66k.

Quite a looker...
By samk02wvu on 03/19/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I had researched this car for about year before taking the plunge! Well worth it! I bought mine in black and it gets a lot of looks. Unfortunately, the cops like it as well! ACK! People always mistake it for an Escalade or Range Rover if they have never seen one. I smile every time I look at it and love that not everyone in Atlanta has one, like the BMW models!

Lexus LS owner Lovin the SRT-8
By Joe on 02/20/09 18:22 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my 2006 Jeep SRT-8 2 months ago used with 19,000 miles on it. I am in love with Japanese cars and have owned Mazda RX-7's, Toyotas, Hondas and currently drive a Lexus LS. I wanted a fun car to drive around daily, however could not afford the newest high performance Nissan GT-R or Lexus IS-F. I am amazed at this Jeep. Not sure how well it will do in the long term, however this car puts smiles on my face that I have never experienced before. If you need it for a daily driver - I can not say how good it will be. If you need a second car that will make you grin from light to light and may break down once in a while (or not????) this will not let you down!

Love it!
By coolbreezesd5555 on 12/14/08 12:50 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Grand Cherokee SRT-8 for about 2 years. It is so much fun! It is not a daily driver of course, with low gas mileage, but for trips to the mountains, or beach there is no better performance and utility value out there. The engine is just incredible and the sound of the exhaust is awesome. I've only had troubles with the electrical windows which were fixed. I don't think we'll see a vehicle like this, with 425HP, available in the auto world much longer, I'm glad I have mine.

Explosive
By Gene on 04/01/08 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Your mind can't seem to comprehend that something so heavy (4800 lbs) can explode with such force at the touch of the gas! Amazing power and handles like a sports car. Very user friendly interior. I would give comfort a 10 however the contour of the seats are a little narrow on your upper legs when you sit. Only reason I give fuel economy so high at a 5 is what do you expect from a 400+ horsepower beast? Performance is at par with my Subaru STI. Only vehicle on market that is all-wheel drive with 8 cylinders besides Audi! From reviews etc I do hear reliability is avg at best so take extended warranty. High 4's 0-60 is believable and mid to low 13's is too.

Repairs
By CRem on 11/14/07 11:46 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I am 16,000 miles in my SRT8 and while fuel economy (12.7mpg average) stinks, it is a ton of fun to drive. A little stiff if you are in the backseat for anything over 15 minutes. On a down note, I had to have a rattle fixed at 1200 miles, the side door panel is installed slightly tilted and I see it every time I look in the side mirror which bugs me. Worst of all the brakes needed to be replaced at 15,900. Because of the Brembo brakes you can't get normal "lifetime" warranty brakes. You have to get the Brembo pads which have no guarantee. All in, brake pads and to have the rotors cut cost $1100. Ouch, will have to do it again most likely in another 15,000 miles.

More Fun Than You Ever Thought Possible!
By coolbreezesd5555 on 10/23/07 16:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Jeep SRT8. I own a number of pricey vehicles and more times than not, I choose my SRT8 Jeep. It is so powerful, quick, with a great sound! I love to throw my bike in the back and head to the mountains or beach - fast! It's fun, it's affordable and it's rare. By the way the seats are the most comfortable I have ever enjoyed in a vehicle under $100K. Buy it now, before the Feds find out how much fun we are having!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.