Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Grand-cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8

SRT-8 6.1L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )

FUN!!
By 1fastsuv

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I ordered my 2006 SRT8 brand new in 06. It took 3 months to get but it was well worth the wait. I now have over 100,000 miles on it and have never had to do anything but change the oil. (and tires) Last month I put a carbon fiber hood on it, and right now it's at a performance shop having a turbo installed. It's not great on gas but I didn't buy it expecting it to be economical.

Favorite Features

Power, power, power. I love the fact that most people don't know what it is, and people at the track have no clue how it can perform. It surprises all the little Camaro/Mustang boys and their toys.

Spectacular!
By ultgarage

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have been wanting a Jeep SRT8 since they were first produced and I recently bought a 2006 with 79,000 miles. It takes my breath away whenever I punch the throttle. It looks great, ir very comfortable, can outhandle most of the so-called sports cars on the road, and has plenty of great features: nav, in-dash CD changer, rear DVD player, soft leather seat trim, and power everything. If I don't lean on it too much I can get 18-19 MPG but the temptation is too great most of the time. It can smoke almost anything else out there from a dead stop. Shift the transmission down to low gear on a slow roll and floor the throttle and try and tell me it's not the wildest ride ever wrapped in an SUV body

Favorite Features

Style, performance, features, unique character

Suggested Improvements

None

Love this Jeep!
By Lisa

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee a couple of months ago and love it! I know it doesn't get the best gas mileage, but its been reliable so far, and a pleasure to drive! No troubles~love the leather seats, sunroof, etc. This is a V-8 engine. It only has 40,000 miles and I plan to have it for several years!

Favorite Features

I love the heated/cooling leather seats, the ipod connection, fantastic stereo system, sun roof, roomy.

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't change a thing.

Amazing
By srt8fan

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is a really great car, i've never had any problems that the other people wrote about. It's not great on gas but what would you expect with the engine, no less its my daily driver. Every time i get into my car somewhere people come up to me and ask me questions, its pretty awesome it gets so much attention yet still a jeep. I don't miss any of my past cars until owning this. I use it everyday for to and from work and it never gives me a problem. i guess i lucked out like everyone has had something go wrong, i probably would have had a problem by now since it already has 66k.

Favorite Features

The exhaust pipes and the noise defines the car. I love the interior, i never get tired of sitting on long trips, i like the wheels it really makes it a head turner. Heated seats work well.

Suggested Improvements

No remote start on 2006 model, Backseat is too tight, definitely not a family car, front of car is too low. already cracked bumper going up driveway. 2006 model doesn't have mp3 jack. navigation system could be better. Without a doubt this car needs a bigger gas tank.

Quite a looker...
By samk02wvu

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I had researched this car for about year before taking the plunge! Well worth it! I bought mine in black and it gets a lot of looks. Unfortunately, the cops like it as well! ACK! People always mistake it for an Escalade or Range Rover if they have never seen one. I smile every time I look at it and love that not everyone in Atlanta has one, like the BMW models!

Favorite Features

UConnect, exterior is SHARP! Exhaust noise and the engine.. YOWZA! What's not to love...

Suggested Improvements

The gas tank is way too small for something that gets 12 MPG at best! Also, I am not a fan of the sound system.. UPGRADE! I also would prefer touch Navigation!