2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
whats better then a jeep
By diablo1111d1 on 12/03/11 10:51 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

brought my jeep grand cherokee larado 2x4 used 1 year ago and i love.brought it as a 2nd car for the weekends to go to the beach,rivers and mountains.i live in dominican republic and the roads to the beaches and rivers are really rocky.wanted a suv with true off road capability and that could take a pounding with rough roads.thats what the jeep brand is made 4 and thats what it does.love the air suspension shocks.i 'v never had a problem yet with my jeep.i see alot of people writing bad comments but i don't understand why.every car or suv in time i guess needs some type of maintance.no car or suv is perfect.u eventually will have to replace parts.jeep takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Do not recommend
By Disappointed on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this Jeep Sept. 15 last year and it is now Oct. 4 of the following year. One month after we bought it the engine light came on, when we took it in they had to replace both catalytic converters. Last month the engine light came on again and they said one of the converters was bad so they replaced it, the day after we got it back the light came back on and they had to replace the other one again. The next day after we got it back the light came on again and they had to replace the oxygen sensor, then we got it back and sure enough the light came on again the next day so I took it to another shop who told me that I need either an oxygen sensor or my catalytic converters are bad again.

Just an update
By Katrina Woiten on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've posted here before but I am doing so again for two reasons: one, all of us having issues with the admittedly awful cloth seats need to be aware of one little trick, get some 'tuff- stuff' upholstery cleaner (available in all automotive departments) spray the entire seat, wipe with a wet cloth.This will 'reset' the cloth and return it to a uniform appearance. I also recently had to have a shift module replaced by the dealer, a 750 dollar part made in the Czech republic, remember the tranny in this car is a German one with all the good and bad attributes of such. what precipitated this repair was at times the car simply would not start and after some key wiggling etc it would.

Awesome SUV
By gaffrey on 08/14/10 17:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this Jeep, never owning an SUV before. It runs great, has been incredibly reliable, and I haven't had any issues with it. I'm surprised at how great of a car it has been. The only thing, as with all suvs, is the gas mileage. It's good for an SUV, but it's not a Honda Civic. Overall it has been a great vehicle.

it was ok...now I wonder
By michelle on 03/14/10 07:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car as a demo. I noticed automatically that when I would stop it would shake and seemed like it wanted to turn off. I took it in and they "fixed" it. That problem was never fixed. The mileage is bad I get 13.6 miles city AND highway. THe check engine has come on since I bought it and they could never find anything wrong with it. My power windows now stop sometimes. The alarm is not working. Did I mention the gas? That is horrible. I always wanted to own one of these vehicles I liked it at the beging because it was pretty then the seats really got stained and I could not find anyone who could take the stains on. I would not get one again looking to trade in value is low

Just bought the used 06...its 2010 now!
By Melissa on 03/07/10 06:30 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased the Laredo 65 yr anniversary edition. Its a great looking car. I like all the features. I've heard jeeps drive rough so I didn't expect to much comfort before test driving. I'm pretty content with it. However, I've had it for 2 days and I'm noticing some no-nos already! The problems I'm seeing already is the low tire pressure light comes on at random. But the big thing is the seat belt light comes on and chimes through out the entire ride even with my seat belt on and nooo weight in the passenger seat! I'm in the process of getting it fixed (hopefully), but I just wanted to put those problems out there just in case somebody else had the same issues

Reliable, Safe, Low maintenance
By Cody on 11/14/09 06:50 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this 2006 Grand Cherokee brand new with the 4.7l V-8. It has been a great vehicle and now has 50k miles. Other than regular maintenance there has been no major mechanical problems. A few issues I have are around 20k a squeaking began from rear seat, and the interior is horrible for stains. Other than those minor issues it has and continues to be a great vehicle.

Worst Car I Have Ever Owned. Never Again
By Skeeter on 09/18/09 10:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Where to begin...bought as a 1 yr lease turn-in. In the first 36,000 miles, had to replace transmission shifter, ignition system, and car would sputter and stall (a well documented issue with the 3.6L engines on two other jeep models). Was told multiple there was no problem and that it was normal (dealerships and customer service). At 45,000 miles, airbag light started randomly coming on. Dealership could not tell me what was wrong. Power windows would come and go. Miles-to-empty tracker is completely sporadic. Do not trust it, find a gas station immediately after the light goes on (within 5 miles)! Cloth seats stain and spot with water. Wrangler tires are terrible, loud and ware unevenly.

2nd Grand Cherokee
By Mark on 04/14/09 11:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

So far have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. Previously owned a 2001 Grand Cherokee Limited with V8, sold it with 189,000 miles on it. I am confident that this Jeep will satisfy as well. MPG so far is ranging 17-19 around town. Have yet to make a HWY trip to determine what that MPG will be.

Been a great SUV
By George on 03/16/09 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Been very reliable. Had one warranty claim. Gas mileage has been good for its size average 18 city, 22 hwy. Mine is v-6 2wd so it will be the the best of all of the models. Has 45,000 miles now. not a squeak or rattle. Just as tight as the day I bought it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.