Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Good Year Round Vehicle.
By Kyle K.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle would likely hold up to wear and tear from kids, camping, etc. better than some SUV's.

Grand cHEROkee
By Mike

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best car I have ever owned. It has 145,000 miles and all I've ever had to do beside changing the oil, is put a new battery in it, tires f and r breaks and a rear main seal. Its not terrible for 10 y/o car that I have owned since new. It has been a good car and I would recommend to anyone. Besides who makes cast iron engines anymore????

First of many
By Nick novosel

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first jeep let alone my first car. Bought it with 76,000 miles and just hit 100,000 miles. Compared to my dads Silverado and my moms trail blazer the ride is definitely better in city and on the highway. I drive fast and hard and hardly let the engine warm up in below freezing temps. I live just over 2 miles from Lake Michigan and when that lake effect snow doesn't stop neither does my jeep. Last summer at 89,000 it wouldn't shift from 1st to 2nd due to the solenoid between the two going out. $380 fix but the transmission specialist said its a great heavy duty transmission (the same one they put in sprinter vans) and that it's not a common problem.only other problem besides that is at an idle the rpm sometimes bobs between 550 and 750. I've read the same thing on other reviews and it doesn't really seem to give anyone problems. Besides that, it's the easiest vehicle to park out there. Turning radius on it is crazy..even better than my sisters 08 fusion. There are also ZERO blind spots on this car. Gas mileage is poor but I could care less

Best suv ever
By Ron formhals

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Owned jeep 4yr never a problem other than normal maintence!

120,000 miles going for 200,000 miles
By steve abraham

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

UPDATED REVIEW. Well, I got tor 125,000 miles, had an electrical problem, the dashboard flickered and shut off. After several attempts, the mechanics could not fix this problem. sadly, I had to JUNK my Jeep at 125,000, just a few days after I planned on keeping it for 200,000 miles. Sad. Several thousand dollars of attempted repairs wasted. New computer, rebuilt electric harness... battery... fuses... then the starting system started to smell from burning overload....
so I junked it.....below is my original review....
I have a gray 2006 Jeep and I love it. I have put it through a hard life, driving upstate, and in NYC, in the worst weather and in blistering heat. This Jeep always performed well and is still a very comfortable ride. I had several repair issues, but after 100,000 miles they are expected. new radiator, battery, starter, all standard stuff. The engine is strong, tranny is tight. Darn oxygen sensors have to be changed and they are costly, but it is better than having old carburators. I love my steel colored jeep and I hope to make another review here at 200,000 miles.
ps I bought this off lease at two years old, with 18,000 miles, for about $18,000.00