2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Found my soulmate!!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Found my soulmate!!!
By AmysJeep05 on

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2005 JGC about a year ago and fell in love as soon as I saw her. Bought and took her home that day (unusual for me). 2/4/10, some idiot on her cell phone rear ended me at 50mph and totaled my baby. Demolished 3 vehicles in accident including my jeep,but, everyone walked away unharmed. Being in the middle of a 3 car accident like that; if my family had been in one of our other two vehicles I don't think we would have had the same outcome. 4 people owe their lives to that truck and I will NEVER buy anything else. Purchasing an 05 Limited w/ 5.7L Hemi, tomorrow and I can't wait!!

Favorite Features

Safety, when hit the body crumpled around us instead of going through us! No major problems, easy maint. Overall a great vehicle. I put 35,000 miles on it in 8mos and I only replaced the battery and starter. Great gas mileage for an SUV! Love, Love, Love(d) my truck!

Suggested Improvements

The brakes squeak occasionally, easy fix. Squeak stop added when pads need changing will take care of problem. Dealership doesn't like to honor warranties, but that was them, not Jeep. Needed ABS Module ($1500 part) and dealer wouldn't cover it. get ext. warranty on used vehicles, just to be safe.