Used 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

JUnk
By JUNK

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2005 GRand Cherokee. I have been driving it for 2 years. I have had numerous transmission problems two different control modules a million blown fuses, electrical sensors and so on. I always wanted a jeep and never have heard of such problems with one. I bought it at 36 thousand miles and problems started within a week. The first 6 months i spent in the shop getting things fixed under warranty, and 2 years later have spend my own money to fix it. I would not recommend buying one unless u have it thoroughly checked first!

Very happy with my 3rd Grand Cherokee
By nchobo

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle! I purchased a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with a Hemi in 2009 with only 38K miles on it. Got a great deal and moved up to now my 3rd JGC. Others being 1997 and 2003. I drove 20K in the first year with zero problems. Only money spent was on maintenance. I have purchased all my Jeeps a few years old to wait out the steep drop in value. I got a $42K car 4 years old in new condition for $17K. I added the best and longest extended warranty and love driving it every day. Of course the gas mileage is awful. It has a 5.7 L Hemi engine. We all know this going in.

Favorite Features

All the Limited features.

Suggested Improvements

Cut the premium cost on the CRD diesel and I will buy one tomorrow.

Amazing Vehicle
By Amber

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love my jeep. Were about to hit 100000 miles and i've never had one thing go wrong with it.. scared ill jinx myself now.. but overall this cars been awesome. i love it and its the best vehicle ive ever owned.. treat your jeep good and itll be good to you!!

Favorite Features

The style, quietness, and the speakers.

Suggested Improvements

ehh, gas mileage could be better.

Not Bad At All!
By WAJ2306

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

WE bought it just to tow our camper! We added a tow bar to tow our camper and have made seven trips so far. Even with the 6cyl 3.7, it pulls and rides like a charm! Just recently we have had to have the drivers door seal replaced due to it protruding out a little far when you enter the drivers seat. The back seat leg room is tight for an adult, but is good for kids.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, ride comfort and maintenance are really good!

Suggested Improvements

More rear leg room, move the door seals back some.

Found my soulmate!!!
By AmysJeep05

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2005 JGC about a year ago and fell in love as soon as I saw her. Bought and took her home that day (unusual for me). 2/4/10, some idiot on her cell phone rear ended me at 50mph and totaled my baby. Demolished 3 vehicles in accident including my jeep,but, everyone walked away unharmed. Being in the middle of a 3 car accident like that; if my family had been in one of our other two vehicles I don't think we would have had the same outcome. 4 people owe their lives to that truck and I will NEVER buy anything else. Purchasing an 05 Limited w/ 5.7L Hemi, tomorrow and I can't wait!!

Favorite Features

Safety, when hit the body crumpled around us instead of going through us! No major problems, easy maint. Overall a great vehicle. I put 35,000 miles on it in 8mos and I only replaced the battery and starter. Great gas mileage for an SUV! Love, Love, Love(d) my truck!

Suggested Improvements

The brakes squeak occasionally, easy fix. Squeak stop added when pads need changing will take care of problem. Dealership doesn't like to honor warranties, but that was them, not Jeep. Needed ABS Module ($1500 part) and dealer wouldn't cover it. get ext. warranty on used vehicles, just to be safe.