Used 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

First Jeep
By Twitch

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have been driving the 3.7 version for almost two years. Towed a fully loaded 5x8 enclosed trailer weighing 2000 lbs across the country with no problems in the mountains. Turn radius in parking lot is similar to small car. Power steering works great when at full stop. Spark plugs are difficult to replace, but not impossible. Climate control is quick to respond.

Adjustable pedals

Change climate control illumination from a solid state control component to user replaceable lights.

Disgusted In my Jeep
By Disgusted in my Jeep

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Hemi is a big pile of junk. I've had nothing but problems with it since buying it in 2008. I had to replace the Starter at 60,000. Fuel Pump at 65,000. Transmission at 77,000. Power Steering Pump and Line at 78,000. 4 new tires at 55,000 miles, battery at 60,000. I feel like the jeep is in the shop more than I have driven it. Very unreliable but have so much stuck into it, feel sick to trade in. Currently my Service 4WD system light came on and I just got it back from getting a new Power Steering Pump. Dealer has been nothing but rude. We will never but another jeep again.

None

Everything

Electical nightmare
By bob

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Jeep, but it won't stop breaking. The back is full of spare parts that always brake, lots of fuses and extra wire to make a fusible link from the battery. Why don't they have a fuse for the radio or power Windows? And why don't they make parts out of something other than plastic? I have been buying parts from the Audi dealership, and modifying them to work on my Jeep. Its now a Jedi.

It looks cool. and the Audi parts work great.

start making it in Mexico or china the quality would be better than you have now.

Never Again
By Donna

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this car new 3/2005 12/2005-new mother board-under warranty 11/2006 esm assembly replacement, under warranty 7/2007, new key needed/failed $271.00 8/2007, multiple cylinder failure under warranty 6/2008 new battery $198.00 11/2008- replace electronic shift module $664.00 7/2009-replace turn signal assembly- $200.00 11/2009-failed emissions tcm $599.00 6/11/2010- replace a/c compressor & accummulator-$892.00 7/2010-engine failure light is on and going to dealer tom. Can you smell lemon? Knowing I will never, ever buy another Jeep or Chrysler product ever ever again. Pricelesssssssssss!

A vehicle that works?

Been a Great Ride
By mf012e

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been driving my Jeep almost 4 years now and have been pleasantly surprised. It has held up fairly well. The only issues have been with the starter and a replaced pinion seal. Its been a thrill to drive on the road, snow, rain, mud, and sand. I never got stuck or was beaten off the line. The 4x4 and Hemi are excellent.

Hemi, 4x4, Stereo, Heated Seats

Cheap plastic, gas mileage, very cramped back seats, rattles