2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

daves review
By david

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

very nice and quite fast

Favorite Features

power

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage

2005 JGC first impression
By fkagi

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have not driven a Chrysler product in over 20 years. Pleasantly surprised with car like ride, precise steering, quiet, good power (5,7l), interior has European "quality feel", achieved 17MPG+ right off the showroom floor, no negatives so far.

Favorite Features

Satelite Radio, Nav system

Suggested Improvements

a little more rear seat leg room, ability to dim nav screen separate from instrument cluster

Gentle power of the Hemi V8
By chazs

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the Hemi version, which to my surprise (on test drive) was more fun than 350hp supercharged Z3 i own. It is just plain fun to drive. Comfort and power in what ever combination you require to suit your mood that day.

Favorite Features

Smooth and quiet, serious power when needed. The all wheel drive, when pulling out of wet side streets, just not a problem. Good visibility, handling, and road manners. Radio/CD produces a nice sound and the rain sensitive wipers/ auto headlights all work well.

Suggested Improvements

The pain interia may not be to everyone's liking. Radar detector... cargo net in the rear. Stone grill on lower radiator. Easier to understand handbook!

WOW
By pappy

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We drove 3 SUVs based on what we liked based on exterior looks. After driving the Larado , we new this was the one to get. We have a lot of room with a smooth ride. This is the first Jeep we have owned. We usually purchased GM vehicles in the past but the Buick SUVS and the Chevy Equinox did not even come close to our expectations. We also like the 4 wheel drive since we live in the country.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive,size, Sirius radio, power windows, remote locks, heated mirrors, and tinting rear view mirror.

Suggested Improvements

Extra items should be available for the vehicle when they go on sale not 2 month later. Ex-door guards,running boards. Some add-on were very high in price.

Great SUV
By Jeepluver

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just got my Grand Cherokee and it is wonderful. I have never felt such a smooth ride. The power is another must have. I love it.

Favorite Features

HEMI, GPS

Suggested Improvements

Dash materials

Best Jeep ever
By Gladiboughtajeep

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After having 5 Grand Cherokees in the past, I feel this one is by far the best. 05' Limited, 4.7 V8. Great engine, great seats, road feel, by far the best one. I was considering a German SUV this time, but I am glad I went and gave the Gr. Cherokee a test drive. My 02' was also a 4.7 V8 but this one feels much more powerfull. You won't be sorry.

Favorite Features

Engine, Brakes, Seats, and road feel.

Suggested Improvements

I would say lack of fuel mileage, but HP takes fuel.

Initial thoughts
By motor city

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Only driven a few miles. But I thought I'd compare to previous '96 and '99 models I owned. I tested the Pilot, which handled typically like a front wheel drive bus, and both V8 & 6 cyl 4Runners, which drifted all over the road at highway speeds, and settled for another JGC because of in- law's employee discount and several rebates (financing, military, and general= $2500). Options included tow pkg. (class IV), 28F (v8), cargo grp. Stickered $32+K paid $26K plus taxes & plates.

Favorite Features

Reg. unleaded fuel, large dealer network, tow rating (6000 lbs. 4.7 V8), std. power seating, std. fog lamps, roof rack and many other items which are extra on Toyotas. This vehicle handles superbly.

Suggested Improvements

Not enough room to easily reach seat controls, Console & glove box too small, cup holders too small, wide "A" pillar and Rview mirror block visability, small windows restrict visability, seats too firm, rear hatch opening not as high as before, small cargo area.

Awesome ride, great interior....
By JohnGermani

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We were looking at getting a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the massive dealer incentives but my wife fell in love with the safety features of the 2005 version (No Daimler Chrysler product introduced since 2002 has received less than 5 star crash rating). We bought one on the last day of the month and payed 1% over invoice less the $1000 Jeep cash. The dealership gave us $600 more for our trade than any other dealership would give us so I guess they cut into their holdback a little and sold it for about 1% under invoice. As for the vehilcle, it has the best ride of any of the midsized SUV's we tested (Ford Explorer, Chevy Trailblazer, 2004 JGC).

Favorite Features

We really like the standard ABS w/ traction control as a nice addition to the 4x4 system. The invertable cargo floor is a nice touch. The fabric in the 2005 is the best fabric I have ever seen in a vehicle! The auto stick feature is quite fun and the mileage has been great 18-20 mpg

Suggested Improvements

My two biggest peeves with the new Jeep are 1) they actually offered a 4x4 model in the Wrangler/Liberty/Grand Cherokee lineup without a low range - Quadra-Trac I). You cannot get the low range w/o a V8! 2) The exterior looks like an Explorer from behind. Yuck!

MUCH Better Than my 2002!
By 2005Jeeps

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently Test-Drove the New Jeep a few weeks ago and liked it! I have a 2002 and, as Reviews say, the 1999-2004 Jeeps Rock From Side-To-Side! This one doesn't!!!!!!!! I Test-Drove the New 5.7L Hemi!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

UConnect,Boston Accoustics Audio System, Navigation GPS System, HEMI 5.7L,INPROVED!!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Could use 3RD Row Seat!!!!!!!!

The Best Jeep Yet!
By spankycline

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned 6 Jeep vehicles and this one is the best. More room, more power, more luxury. If you haven't considered a Jeep product before, this one should be checked out.

Favorite Features

My new toy is the GPS Nav. system. This thing will actually allow you to create a road where one didn't exsist. I also like the 6 disc mp3 cd changer.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I wish they left alone was the spare tire. They put it under the car rather than under the floor space in the back. For those of us that actually use the 4X4 for what it was intended it makes the changing of a spare of road very difficult.