2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
daves review
By david on 11/15/04 15:14 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

very nice and quite fast

2005 JGC first impression
By fkagi on 11/15/04 10:55 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have not driven a Chrysler product in over 20 years. Pleasantly surprised with car like ride, precise steering, quiet, good power (5,7l), interior has European "quality feel", achieved 17MPG+ right off the showroom floor, no negatives so far.

Gentle power of the Hemi V8
By chazs on 11/13/04 10:55 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the Hemi version, which to my surprise (on test drive) was more fun than 350hp supercharged Z3 i own. It is just plain fun to drive. Comfort and power in what ever combination you require to suit your mood that day.

WOW
By pappy on 11/11/04 19:33 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We drove 3 SUVs based on what we liked based on exterior looks. After driving the Larado , we new this was the one to get. We have a lot of room with a smooth ride. This is the first Jeep we have owned. We usually purchased GM vehicles in the past but the Buick SUVS and the Chevy Equinox did not even come close to our expectations. We also like the 4 wheel drive since we live in the country.

Great SUV
By Jeepluver on 11/11/04 17:35 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just got my Grand Cherokee and it is wonderful. I have never felt such a smooth ride. The power is another must have. I love it.

Best Jeep ever
By Gladiboughtajeep on 11/11/04 12:33 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After having 5 Grand Cherokees in the past, I feel this one is by far the best. 05' Limited, 4.7 V8. Great engine, great seats, road feel, by far the best one. I was considering a German SUV this time, but I am glad I went and gave the Gr. Cherokee a test drive. My 02' was also a 4.7 V8 but this one feels much more powerfull. You won't be sorry.

Initial thoughts
By motor city on 11/09/04 20:01 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Only driven a few miles. But I thought I'd compare to previous '96 and '99 models I owned. I tested the Pilot, which handled typically like a front wheel drive bus, and both V8 & 6 cyl 4Runners, which drifted all over the road at highway speeds, and settled for another JGC because of in- law's employee discount and several rebates (financing, military, and general= $2500). Options included tow pkg. (class IV), 28F (v8), cargo grp. Stickered $32+K paid $26K plus taxes & plates.

Awesome ride, great interior....
By JohnGermani on 11/09/04 09:14 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We were looking at getting a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the massive dealer incentives but my wife fell in love with the safety features of the 2005 version (No Daimler Chrysler product introduced since 2002 has received less than 5 star crash rating). We bought one on the last day of the month and payed 1% over invoice less the $1000 Jeep cash. The dealership gave us $600 more for our trade than any other dealership would give us so I guess they cut into their holdback a little and sold it for about 1% under invoice. As for the vehilcle, it has the best ride of any of the midsized SUV's we tested (Ford Explorer, Chevy Trailblazer, 2004 JGC).

MUCH Better Than my 2002!
By 2005Jeeps on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently Test-Drove the New Jeep a few weeks ago and liked it! I have a 2002 and, as Reviews say, the 1999-2004 Jeeps Rock From Side-To-Side! This one doesn't!!!!!!!! I Test-Drove the New 5.7L Hemi!!!!!!!!

The Best Jeep Yet!
By spankycline on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned 6 Jeep vehicles and this one is the best. More room, more power, more luxury. If you haven't considered a Jeep product before, this one should be checked out.