2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
please hold together
By Joe on 02/10/05 16:30 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The limited is smooth on the road, polite off the road and comfortable inside. NAV, SAT radio and all the toys a must on long rides. Room up front is fine and has OK storage. So far the Limited is enjoyable is drive. There is nothing outstanding except for the HEMI. The kick-in response could be better. It does not respond like the BMW but the cost to power is really fine.

Buyers Remorse?
By TexasFashionista on 02/08/05 23:20 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2000 Grand Cherokee and traded it in for the 2005 because I loved the new body style. I have to say that I am disappointed in the way that the dash was designed. I'm not thrilled about the textured plastic and the new placement of the handles on the side. To me it looks cheap. I was willing to overlook that small detail to have the new body style though. I am having what I believe to be transmission problems and I have had to take it in for a software recall already. I was told this would fix my transmission problem, but it hasn't. I am also disappointed in the lack of power this car has. I had a V6 before and it had much more pep than this one.

Hemi is awesome
By Peter on 02/02/05 22:51 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned a 1993 Grand Wagoneer (V8) and 2001 GC Laredo (6 cylinder). The 2005 GC limited with the HEMI and QuadraDrive II is awesome. New England just had a major snow storm and this SUV drove through it without any issue. You feel very safe and would even know you were driving on snow. The ride is taut like a European sports sedan.

This is fun to drive!
By MAW on 01/24/05 20:18 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This GC is just plain fun to drive! It's interior is comfortable, has all the toys to make the drive a real treat. I have the Sirius Satellite radio and absolutely love it! I got a great deal on a 2 year lease and jumped at it since I've heard both good and bad about the GC reliability of previous years. Mine will remain under warranty for the duration of the lease. I expected poor gas mileage and am getting it.

They Finally Did It!
By appeal2 on 01/24/05 07:57 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just got my Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 Hemi (not under glass). This is as close to the perfect SUV as it gets. For starters, the exterior styling is pretty much non-descript and totally inoffensive. The inside is very comfortable. Seats are firm but not too firm. Lots of interior room. Has Bluetooth so your cellphone automatically kicks in and becomes handsfree in the car. The GPS and Sirius work like a charm. Nice oversize console box that can actually hold something useful besides three receipts and a paper clip. The Hemi is a beautiful thing. It is smooth, has a nice purr to it and gets your butt from 0-60 in 6.9 seconds. The ride is better than any SUV I have been, and that's saying a lot

2005 Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi
By BJ on 01/15/05 12:11 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Definitely look at the Hemi as an option if you like power. Available options are confusing, so research them closely. NAV systenm needs to be touch screen instead of the toggle switch. Rides well. Not much room to store things, cup holders small. Two weeks after purchase sunroof was leaking. Dealership experience was poor. Overall, the car is nice, but if you expect an Expedition equipped SUV you will be disappointed.

GREAT TRUCK!
By Shaun on 01/13/05 16:27 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My second Jeep in two years. Better then the last one! Just went up to Big Bear California. Did great in the snow and rain, also took it out to Glamis Sand Dunes. Does well in the sand too! Rides great, looks great, new Boston Sound system is better the the old Infinity.

Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L Hemi
By tbonin on 01/07/05 16:05 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Jeep 3 weeks now and I love it. It has a very solid feel to it so far. The performance w/ the Hemi is amazing. I am a little concerned about the mileage though since there seems to be a huge difference in city and highway driving. I am getting nearly 19mpg on the highway but only 11 in the city. All in all it was well worth it !

Best Jeep Yet!
By Heather on 01/05/05 18:40 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned three other Jeep Vehicles in the past and this is the best one yet. I feel totally safe and comfortable with this Jeep. Its ability has overcome all the other Jeep vehicles I have had in the past. My Laredo is actually a 8 cylinder not a 6 but they don't have that choice on here but it is an option. To anyone who would be interested in buying this vehicle, I give it 5 stars and you can't get better than that!

So Far So Good
By Mike on 01/04/05 18:25 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased Jeep a few days ago. Test drove Jeep (2 times), Pathfinder, 4Runner, and Mountaineer all overnight. By FAR the Jeep fit our needs. Very smooth ride and new outside styling is very eye catching. Different ride than truck based models. Traded 2000 Jeep and got $1000 over invoice.