2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
2005 Grand Cherokee
By Dr.Scott13 on 06/13/10 19:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2005 Grand Cherokee, purchased used 2006 w/ 29,000. Was fine until 35,000 and the Tranny Blew! Heard about it, read about it and then experienced. Love the ride, the storage, but can't get past the transmission problems. Would like to buy another Jeep, but can't forget the burn it gave me the first time. Sorry can't recommend, unless you have $3,000 for a Transmission.

Love my jeep
By Couch on 06/10/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th jeep and i just love them if you take care of it it will take care of you. 3.7 has nice power and stopping is nice. great American made auto.

Help
By JGC Laredo on 06/08/10 12:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have this JGC with over 100,000 miles runs great but today while driving all the gauges went on and off the rpm dropped to 0 but the car didn't stop or decrease in speed.

another lemon
By kenny on 05/19/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this used, in 15 months been in the dealers 5 times. Still under the 7- 70 coverage, but doesn't ever get fixed. Shift and noise issues. Dealer replaced trans valve body, trans went out all together days later. They serviced the front diff, same thing,diff went out days later. Every time gets worse after they touch it. At the dealer now, "no problem found", sounds like a Mack truck going down the road. Just waiting to see what else they've screwed up. Have the v-8, power lacking, gas mileage stinks. My wife loves it for some reason. My Tahoe at 130k is twice the car this ever was, less noise, better mpg, very few repairs, nothing major like this thing.

Great looking, Driving 4x4 Vehicle
By VALaredo4x4 on 05/16/10 04:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought vehicle for wife and family, before family grew too big. Wife loved the car. Drove great on the highway. No reliability issues while we owned the vehicle.

JUnk
By JUNK on 04/23/10 12:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2005 GRand Cherokee. I have been driving it for 2 years. I have had numerous transmission problems two different control modules a million blown fuses, electrical sensors and so on. I always wanted a jeep and never have heard of such problems with one. I bought it at 36 thousand miles and problems started within a week. The first 6 months i spent in the shop getting things fixed under warranty, and 2 years later have spend my own money to fix it. I would not recommend buying one unless u have it thoroughly checked first!

Very happy with my 3rd Grand Cherokee
By nchobo on 03/24/10 09:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle! I purchased a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with a Hemi in 2009 with only 38K miles on it. Got a great deal and moved up to now my 3rd JGC. Others being 1997 and 2003. I drove 20K in the first year with zero problems. Only money spent was on maintenance. I have purchased all my Jeeps a few years old to wait out the steep drop in value. I got a $42K car 4 years old in new condition for $17K. I added the best and longest extended warranty and love driving it every day. Of course the gas mileage is awful. It has a 5.7 L Hemi engine. We all know this going in.

Amazing Vehicle
By Amber on 03/14/10 19:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love my jeep. Were about to hit 100000 miles and i've never had one thing go wrong with it.. scared ill jinx myself now.. but overall this cars been awesome. i love it and its the best vehicle ive ever owned.. treat your jeep good and itll be good to you!!

Not Bad At All!
By WAJ2306 on 02/18/10 20:36 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

WE bought it just to tow our camper! We added a tow bar to tow our camper and have made seven trips so far. Even with the 6cyl 3.7, it pulls and rides like a charm! Just recently we have had to have the drivers door seal replaced due to it protruding out a little far when you enter the drivers seat. The back seat leg room is tight for an adult, but is good for kids.

Found my soulmate!!!
By AmysJeep05 on 02/15/10 01:50 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2005 JGC about a year ago and fell in love as soon as I saw her. Bought and took her home that day (unusual for me). 2/4/10, some idiot on her cell phone rear ended me at 50mph and totaled my baby. Demolished 3 vehicles in accident including my jeep,but, everyone walked away unharmed. Being in the middle of a 3 car accident like that; if my family had been in one of our other two vehicles I don't think we would have had the same outcome. 4 people owe their lives to that truck and I will NEVER buy anything else. Purchasing an 05 Limited w/ 5.7L Hemi, tomorrow and I can't wait!!