Used 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

very poor design
By richardp71

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The door handles are built into the whole inside panel, and they are brittle. so we have a 05 limited with the HEMI 5.8L 2 door handle have broken, 3rd on way out. and looking at 700+ per door. 99% of cars have the handle seperate, why the heck they choice this design i dont know, but its poorly done. there was talk they were going to recall this online, but to thi date they havent and refuse to help with this. DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never make the door handle the most used item on the door part of the whole inside panel thats just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L 4X4
By mopar1991

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love my Jeep. Bought it used August 2011 and have had nothing but good from it so far. Everything worked when i got it, only thing that doesnt now is my rear park assist system, for some reason when i put her in reverse, all the red lights show up and it beeps, but thats it no big deal, cheap fix. Looks great, mean on the road ;) Great four wheel drive system, but thats expected from Jeep. Some people complain about the hard surfaced interior in areas but i love it because its durable and not cheap. My only complaint is wheres the snow? I live in Minnesota and its been a weak winter, hardly any snow. That's the main reason i got this beast.

All wheel drive system, looks, comfort, reliability, performance, size.

Gas mileage is about the only thing, but what do you expect, performance is much more important to me. I'll make that sacrifice ANY day.

Pretty Good SUV
By moparornocar91

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My uncle bought it new in 05 then I bought it from him and its a 60,000 miles and going strong it rides amazing but the v6 is sluggish (really need to mash the pedal to pass on the hwy) gas milage isnt great but i'm not complaining. it has been rattled hard (uncle lived on a dirt, rutted horrible road lol) and has only had a few problems.

heated seats, leather, auto lights, computer

cd player skips on little bumps, all 4wd systems should have a low not just qt2 and qd2, more efficant and powerful v6

MOST reliable vehicle I have known
By agildner1

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the limited HEMI with QDII 4 wheel drive system. I have over 150,000 miles on her and let me say, I have more money into a 2008 town and country with 38,000 miles than I do into the Jeep. The jeep has been used and abused for the last few years. Ive gone offroading, towed 6,500 lbs countless times, and I constantly am flooring it to hear the HEMI SCREAM! The only problems I have had is a new ECM($300) and a loud bearing that I cant pinpoint(~$50). And of course new tires and brakes but any car needs those. This Jeep still has boatloads of power, and there is no sign of wear or tear. It looks like it has 5,000 miles on it. No rust despite several michigan winters. Great SUV!!!

Quadra-Drive II system is unbelievably great in the snow or high articulation scenarios. 345ci Hemi and 545rfe transmission are bullet proof. (although V6 and trans are sub par). Great looks, VERY little rust despite use in the winter. Most reliable vehicle I have ever seen. Interior is very comfortable and nice. Heated leather, navigation, rear dvd etc...

Better V6 transmission

been a good rig
By jimsjeep1

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I Bought this Jeep in 2005 brand new. It has been reliable and fun to drive. I drive about 35000 miles a year and this vehicle has served me well. I only took it to the dealer a few times and the rest of the time the local oil change place. It has 201,000 miles on it and I am going to trade it in for something that gets better mileage. No major problems. Maybe they run better when you run the heck out of em!

All wheel drive, new V6, much smoother than inline 6, 5spd automatic transmission, also an improvement over the 4sp auto.

need better mileage, otherwise would buy again! maybe a hybrid or a small reliable diesel

• SUV