Used 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Horrible Product
By not happy

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I had a bought a brand new 96 and had no problems with it, so i decided to upgrade bought this Jeep after bringing it home water pump started going out took it back then after that air bag light kept going off and now I keep having dry starts, The inline 6 motor they had was great,thats why they changed them into regular motors so that they would break down easier, never again will I buy a jeep.

Interior design wasn't to bad.

Dodge Chrysler Jeep need a better product we'll see what fiat has in store for them

Amazing Vehicle
By Amber

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love my jeep. Were about to hit 100000 miles and i've never had one thing go wrong with it.. scared ill jinx myself now.. but overall this cars been awesome. i love it and its the best vehicle ive ever owned.. treat your jeep good and itll be good to you!!

The style, quietness, and the speakers.

ehh, gas mileage could be better.

2005 Cherokee Laredo, 4.7 liter
By DSV

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have 93,000 miles on this car. I have had only two problems that the dealer should have been able to repair rapidly, but didn't. The alarm system would not open the door with the key and then wouldn't run after opening with the key. The control module was bad and the technician couldn't determine this? The tire pressure monitors also indicate a leak, but are not leaking. I took to a new dealer who checked the car during an oil change and he told me that batteries were bad. This is a very expensive fix at $90 each.

I love the power and tow a 25 foot trailer with it. I handles much better than the 2004 or earlier. The gas mileage is 20 on the highway and poor in the city at about 13. Goes thru the snow like it's not there.

Eliminate the electronic key, put out a basic grand for us people that don't want the power window, locks etc. Back to basics so there are not numerous things to break. Like the rear cup holder that is made of plastic and snags on anything placed on the rear floor.

Bad Transmissions
By Cristine Lewis

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this Jeep for Ohio Winters and comfort. Purchased with 53K miles. After one year of driving at 69K miles tranny was shot. Noticed vehicle slightly surging on inclines (was tranny slipping). Very upset with 12 pymts rebuild tranny cost $3K. Towed it back to dealer and traded on a 2010 Jeep Patriot. Do not buy this car! Hope our luck changes for the better at a healthy cost.

Smooth Ride, Nice Style, Back Windshield opens or complete back door opens.

Get rid of these rotten transmissions, make better interior (water spots easy) Head clearance not good when entering door. Make tilt wheel.

TERRIBLE NEVER BUYING ANOTHER
By JusEmptyEntirePocket

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 05 Jeep Grand cherokee in June of 2008 and have had nothing but problems since day one. Right away the starter went and then from there on the list is endless now the rear end is leaking the car only has 54,000 miles on it and it's sitting in a driveway because within the past 3 weeks it has cost me over $2,000 in repairs. love my jeep but it is really getting ridiculous. I am looking into trading it in for a brand new honda, no more jeeps even though I have loved them my whole life. I guess it's just the luck of the draw some people have good luck others do not.

I absolutely love the Jeep but it has way too many problems.

They should make it better quality. Very poorly made.