Used 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 441 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

DONT DO IT! !
By jeremy

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I will never ask anyone to get this kind of vehicle! It was my dream car. I got mines from a dealership, saw car facts, clean title no accidents. Only 1 owner. really nice looking. This vehicle is not worth it. Too many mechanical problems. Once one thing messes up everything messes up! I was very good with keeping up with the car, but not even that could stop it. Out of the 2 1/2 years ive had it ive probably driven it for 8 months. At one point I had it parked for 2 months straight. Towed it to different mechanics not one could figure out what was wrong with it. Spent almost the same amount I paid for it. Fixing it. Its not reliable. It turned off on me 2 times on the hwy going 60. So scary!! Its was to the point where I could only turn it on 2 times a day & that was it. Till the next day it wouldn't turn on. It would stall, battery would drain every other day. I had re wiring done still wouldn't work. Nothing sucked more then getting stuck in traffic because the truck would turn off. It was just too much. I would not recremend this vehicle. Worst decision ever.

Money Pit
By Bill

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Got the Jeep with 75k on it; looked great and ran well until 80 k. Replaced struts,radiator, tune up( 16 plugs!) Trans now jumps into 3rd gear all the time-dealer has no idea what the problem is. Dash lights continually flash , not a bad car but expected more from jeeps flagship.

A dream with a hemi 5.7L
By Joretta

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded an Infiniti FX35 in on this car and haven't regretted one single minute!!!!! I love her!

Test drive
By Drew

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

When I was test driving the car the noticed when I accelerated the car was very lound inside the car then when the dealer drove it say it wasn't lound. What does that mean is there anything wrong?

Lovin' my JEEP!