2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Traded my Baby on Saturday 7/1

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Laredo 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Traded my Baby on Saturday 7/18/2009
By John D on

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Only complaint, right arm rest got a dip worn into it from my elbow from so much driving. Didn't get off road as much as I wanted, but when I did, it got me there and back in great style. The only time it didn't start, was the day I traded it. ($600 repair) I was exceptionally pleased with how it got me through heavy snows in PA, stuck with the road in heavy rain, easy maneuvering, great sound system. But tended to feel cramped with a family of four, loaded for vacation. Open road, got 23 MPG...in DC traffic, just 13 MPG. Right now, it's being prepped for re-sale. This Jeep was fun to camp with, and for day-fishing trips.

I liked the 10 disc CD changer...great sounding system. Wonderful in the snow! Only one mechanical problem-on the day I traded it in, in 5 years! This Jeep did good and gave me a comforting feeling of safety the whole way through. I hope the next owner enjoys this one like I did.

There are some late-mileage issues that would need to be repaired, just as a factor of the mileage. I'm sure the dealer, with their reputation, will have them resolved before it gets to the lot for re-sale. The Jeep itself is in great shape, and it came with virtually all the bells and whistles.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review