2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Good SUV!

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Good SUV!
By beekmanta1 on

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2004 since 2006. Bought with 85k miles and now have over 172k miles. Only minor repairs during life of vehicle so far. Very comfortable, performance lacking big time but isn't a V8, MPG awful! Probably get 12-14 MPG on average. Most get is 18MPG hwy but with very conservative driving. Only major repairs is a transmission solenoid about 450 at 160k miles, fuel pump at 90k miles (ran the gas too low for a long period of time my own fault). Other than that change all fluids when your supposed to and has been a good reliable vehicle for me.

Seats are very comfortable, no noises or squeeks for an 04 with over 170k miles still a quite comfy ride. Biggest complaint that I hear is the transmission is aweful, I have found that it seems most people misdiagnose any trans issues and could be a cheaper fix than you think. Just need a trustworthy mechanic and do a lot of research yourself before just dropping off to a trans repair shop, of course they will tell you need a new trans.

Interior is boring but, I regularly wash and clean my vehicle still looks almost new inside, is boring but has held up very well. People are always amazed how clean new looking my 04 is, replacing your headlamps also will improve the looks.