2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: My Third and Last Jeep

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

My Third and Last Jeep
By Bill Wade Sr. on

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited is my third jeep in thirty five years. I am in my fifties and I am an avid surf fisherman. I use my 4x4 vehicles extensively on the beach in Hatteras N.C. This vehicle has done wonderfully in the sand on Cape Point. It is one of the most comfortable SUVs I've ever owned. Unfortunately build quality has been a disappointment. Window fell down inside of the door. I am also having a continual problems with the heat and air conditioning system. The dash has been removed twice for a faulty flapper door. Very poor design with plastic parts that break. Hard to explain to wife why no A/C during our last trip to Outer Banks. Chrome peeled off of two Jeep Rims.

Favorite Features

V-8 hight output engine has great power. Most comfortable seats ever. Great body styling. Does great in the soft sand of Hatteras N.C. Very good driving (fog) lights. Does great towing a boat trailer.

Suggested Improvements

I'm sorry, but for $37,000.00 dollars I expected the vehicle to hold up better. Extremely poor design for the heat and A/C system. The mechanic suggested I sell within a year or will be back in to repair Heat-A/C vent system again. Electric Windows break and chrome peels off of the custom Jeep rims.