2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Loves to take my money

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Loves to take my money
By jeeplovesmoney on

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

There isnt a better winter performance car on the road. I live in Minnesota and as soon as the snow flied, my jeep becomes the fastest car on the road in 4wd full time. The issue with this vehicle is the continuous repair fees. I've had the below items replaced as of 122,000 miles. Power window motors front door connection to body master brake cylinder head gasket main seal rear Axel seal cruise control AC/blower flaps shocks 3 sets of tires Driver seat tracks (rocking chair) recall on seat heaters hood and rear glass support CD player display I swear to god if i didnt love this car I would burn it. Value wise, its about as bad as it gets.

By dslindy
on 10/27/14 08:19 AM (PDT)

I just traded in my 2004 JGC with 110 K miles on it. It was my 2nd JGC. Other than replacing the ignition switch, I had ZERO issues with it, AND, in 2006, 2 years after I bought it, some kid t-boned me pretty good. Even after some pretty major repairs, I had no issues with it and all I had to do was the above mentioned repair, replace the tires and get routine oil changes. That's it -- I didn't even follow the mfr service schedule. Brakes on Jeeps are always somewhat of a hassle...so I had a lot of brake work too. It was a really great vehicle.