2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
NO MORE MOPAR!
By irishred on 10/19/06 13:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Jeep vehicle I had purchased and the last! The first had a defect in the head from the manufacturer and this one had a a constant vibration coming from the transmission. No help from Chrysler for either. NO MORE MOPAR!

I love my jeep
By Chrissy on 09/06/06 13:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just got my Jeep a few weeks ago and it is great. I absolutely love it! I decided to trade in a Saturn to get the Jeep because I live where we get lots of snow, so I can hardly wait to put it in 4WD. It is a great vehicle, and gas mileage isn't too bad for being an SUV.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Review
By VTHockeyDad on 09/02/06 17:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, we like our Grand Cherokee. The car has a nice, though soft ride. It is great in the snow and is well built. Our only complaints we have are the gas mileage which averages around 11 around town. Most of the driving is around town with trip of approximately 3 - 5 miles. On a trip, we get approximately 21 babying the car. The heating and air conditioning are both excellent. It is a nice vehicle and we are pleased with it, though we will probably try another vehicle when the lease expires.

satisfied owner
By pepper on 08/11/06 07:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Most driving is local. Two to four trips a year exceeding 150 miles. Great service by dealer, one trip for brake check (recall) and one to replace the battery (warranty).

Happy with JEEP
By RSG on 07/11/06 21:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Former Nissan Altima owner for many years. I decided to finally get an SUV and couldn't resist the look and feel of the Jeep Grand Cherokee (4.7 v8). Jeep has a great smooth ride with excellent handling. I haven't taken if off road as of yet but can tell you it handles well both in highway (65 plus mph) and city driving. Interior is very nice compared to others. Some suggestions - larger glove box & change the center console to something a little more user friendly. I was disappointed within the first week I had to replace a faulty chip (car wouldn't drive) but that can happen with any car. I did have to replace the front brakes at 35k but I hear that is standard with Jeep.

Dogs N Me
By Dogs N Me on 06/13/06 21:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Jeep was purchased for our dogs. Now the dogs are too old to make the leap into the back. Just something to think about, because I know I'm not the only pet owner to purchase a vehicle with pet needs in mind. Still having fun.

I LOVE IT!
By Jeepster on 06/05/06 17:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third Jeep Grand Cherokee that I have owned. They are honestly great vehicles. I have always bought them with V-8 power, and for one mpg difference, it is worth it. My two other Jeeps both went to 145,000 miles with NO problems (and still running strong) and this one is following their footsteps. My Jeep has not seen the inside of the Jeep dealership since I've owned it. (37,000 miles) except for routine maintenance. I have not had a single problem. It is very fun to drive, and very quick to respond. And in the snow, you can have nothing better than a Jeep 4x4. People always tell me how great the car looks. Don't believe people who say Jeep have problems, I would drive nothing else.

04 Grand Cherokee Laredo
By jame s flood on 05/14/06 09:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

40k miles and on 4th set of replacement front rotors. They represent the 5th set of front rotors. Would not buy another Jeep unless the problem (inherent since the mid 80s I'm told) was resolved.

Love My JEEP!
By Kitten on 05/02/06 13:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My boyfriend bought this as a gift. I absolutely love it. The only problem I've had with it so far was when it snowed and I was rocking myself out of my parking spot and the ABS & brake light came on. I freaked out! I ran upstairs and read my manual and I thought that this was gonna be a nightmare. To my surprise after a couple of days when the snow subsided and I drove to the gas station, the lights went off. BIG SIGH OF RELIEF. City miles is a killer since I live in NY, but when I travel highway miles the mileage is fantastic. So in the city especially I drive in overdrive to optimize gas mileage. Love this body model, don't care for the 2005 or 2006 model styles-they look boxy.

2004 Jeep Cherokee
By disnygrl25@aol.com on 04/13/06 07:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall truck is good, great deal when bought with all the rebates. However truck needs more power if you have the V6, but if you get the V8 you pay for it in gas!