Used 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

I bought mine new
By Ingram

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have never done anything to it other than put one set of tires, one battery, and changed the oil. Great car.

Extended Warrenty Was a Waste of Money
By dylan

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 G.C. in 07 with about 63k on it. I now have just over 100k on it and haven't had a problem that I would consider to be beyond routine maintenance. Don't let all these people scare you talking about the window regulators going bad, it is a problem but not a big deal. I had 1 go it cost me $90 and put it in myself in 30 min. What do you want- stuff will go bad on any car. The 6 cyl. is a bit sluggish when pulling a trailer but I doubt any other 6 cylinder in the same class could fair much better with 3000 lbs. behind it. You look at 90% of the complaints on here and there just a bunch of people that expect a vehicle to never have a problem. I would recommend a jeep to anyone.

Very reliable. The Quatro Track and ABS system will start, stop and keep you in control of the vehicle through 12-16 inches of snow, trust me I've done it many times. The audio, comfort and all those little features makes it a great vehicle for a long road trip. I love the heated seats.

There is a little road and wind noise when driving down the interstate, nothing I can't deal with but some people may not like it. I wish I would have gotten the v-8 over the 6 cyl. But it does get the job done. Honestly I can't think of another thing I would change, its really a great vehicle.

Biggest "HEAP" ever
By Worst Buy Ever!!!

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I hardly even drive this car and it has had every problem in the book: brake failure, electrical, transmission, and oil tank leaks and ALL before 50,000 Miles. It is weak and has horrible handling. The dealership charges WAY too much for service and it feels like I'm driving a motor home. It is way too hard to maneuver in traffic and you feel like your going to tip over on every turn!! resell value was HORRIBLE! Save yourself the trouble and don't buy a jeep!! this is the first and last time I will buy an American car, back to Japanese auto makers

Handles decent when off roading.

decent
By Tyre

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have an 04 Jeep standard 6 cyl. When I first got the car I was siked! But for some reason I've noticed that the breaks squeal, and when you turn or go over a bump, it almost everytime feels like you'll do a rollover going around a bin at 40 mph, which isn't good. :(

the standard sound system, size of the jeep.

better stability control, anti-roll bars, sway bars, wood grain interior, leather pattened steering wheel, sunroof, and def a V8! V6 is too slow for a jeep this size

Great Jeep!!
By Jon

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned Jeep's in the Past and like all their models. Read some of the other owners reviews, I did want to clear one thing up, People it is a In-line 6 cyl. not a V6, Big Difference and was the only reason why I purchased my '04 as 2004 was the last year they offered the I-6 engine. That engine has been around for years and is bullet proof. Great in Michigan snow and off road. Very comfortable, nearing 80,000 miles and just doing regular maintenance. Will Definatley buy another Jeep and Only a Jeep! My Ex-Wife bought a $80,000 Landrover, what a piece of junk, that thing has had nothing but issues. Love rolling up in the Jeep when her car is in the shop!!

Chick's dig the Jeep! Great ride, love the heated seats too!!

Can't think of anything to improve on.

• SUV