2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Great Car
By jeepcrazy on 05/19/07 09:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car! The interior is nice, but not lavish or overbearing in its accessories. Good engine, the 4.0L will get you where you want to go while not being horrible on gas millege like the 4.7L or 4.7LHO. I would highly reccomend a Grand Cherokee Columbia Edition to anyone who was searching for a vehicle.

Freedom
By David V on 05/07/07 09:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Jeep screams! The HO engine is an unexpected pleasure at any stop light. Merging onto a highway is a dream. You often forget that you are in a Jeep.

I love it but...
By ES on 03/06/07 14:20 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the truck but it does have a few hitches. On the transition from one gear to another you can hear and feel the grind of the gears. You must apply just the right gas pressure or none at all to make it through without an issue. And man, wow, guzzles gas. But the most comfortable ride I have even been blessed to ride in. Wonderful feel and a lot of fun options make this the best car I have ever owned.

Gotta love Jeeps
By SarahSmile on 02/28/07 13:25 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 for a 2004 model. I owned the first for 3 years and loved it! Drives beautifully and is the perfect size. I did have to take it back to the dealer because of the rotors but they fixed them for free. I don't like the brake dust that gets all over the rims and I guess this is a common problem for the model. Other than that it is great.

cool looks, but noisy!
By Jeep Mama on 02/05/07 14:18 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Jeep Grand Cherokee. it is reliable and comfortable with great looks. I only have a problem with the build quality. The Jeep is only three years old, and the brakes squeal quite a bit. Also, the seals around the second row windows are already coming loose (even though I always park in the garage) resulting in a whistling noise on the highway.

Can't believe how much I love this ride!
By Gina on 02/04/07 04:39 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

After owning Mazdas for the better half of my driving history, I decided to trade in my very sporty 3s for a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. To my complete surprise, I don't miss my Mazda AT ALL! I did not realize how well built these vehicles really are and how comfortable and fun to drive it is. I just love everything about this Jeep. Handles wonderfully off road and street driving is quiet, controlled and sturdy like a luxury vehicle. I can only hope this Jeep will give me many years of reliability just like I know the Mazda would have. Drove over my first snow bank yesterday. Ok, it was only about 18 inches high, but nevertheless, fun as heck. Now I know the Mazda couldn't have done that! Only in a Jeep!

Beware of heated seats, WILL CATCH FIRE!
By jeepguy2007 on 02/02/07 21:48 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Jeep vehicle and I have been so happy with the first three but this one has left me disappointed. The heated seat caught fire and burned a hole in the seat and I am still waiting on Chrysler to fix it. Having a huge burn hole in the seat of an expensive vehicle I just bought is something that is VERY disturbing to me and makes me not want to even be in it. Also, I just have noticed cheapness in the interior. It is fun to drive and the Quadra Drive 4-Wheel Drive system is nice. I have the navigation system and it has been useful. Steering in this one doesn't feel as tight as my it did in my '99. This may be my last domestic SUV for awhile. I may give the Murano a try.

2ND TIME AROUND.
By C.T. on 11/23/06 08:48 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased 04 JGC Laredo after putting on a whopping 325K (yes you read right!)on my 98 GC(original motor and trani...).I searched for a while to find the 6cyl with lower miles.Anyone who claims that these vehicles are not reliable,I'd strongly argue.My 98 went through regular maintenence and never left me stranded on the road(i travel in upstate NY,and New England as a sales rep.).Of note. I kept the trani. serviced very regularly as i found that to be real helpful with the overall performance. My 04's ride feels a bit smoother,and more refined than 98, and definately felt better than 05-06 model.Looking forward to putting another 300k on this one!

I love my Jeep
By Becky on 11/10/06 21:42 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a working vehicle--hauls stuff from the lumber yard for home improvement projects just fine, and it's a snap to fold down the back seats. Also has been a kick on the backroads, no bogging down on hills. The sound system is great, the AC/heat adjustments work instantly, totally comfortable to drive on a long haul, plenty of pep, and you can see over or around just about anything. I love my Jeep!

NO MORE MOPAR!
By irishred on 10/19/06 13:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Jeep vehicle I had purchased and the last! The first had a defect in the head from the manufacturer and this one had a a constant vibration coming from the transmission. No help from Chrysler for either. NO MORE MOPAR!