2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews 6

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Best Jeep yet
By holebilly on 05/11/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Jeep and by far the best. This is the best SUV I ever drove. I so far have found no faults with this Jeep except the fuel mileage, it could be better. I still get 23 on the highway and 17 in town which is not bad for a v8.

Not a satisfied customer
By adam on 04/30/08 22:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife has always loved jeeps. We bought '04 G.C. Laredo 4X4 4.0L SFI. The engine ticks. Almost all the time sometimes loud sometimes quiet we've had it checked out by a certified dealership($69)and they said the 4.0L is notorious for being noisy. Everything checked out fine. FYI it only now has 40k miles on it and gets 13.3 MPG in town 19.9 on HWY. (65 mph for 72 mi.HWY). Other than a noisy motor & Terrible MPG it's not bad. Believe me when I tell you I take care of the oil changes and baby my $15k Automobile. It just ticks all the time and is embarrasing. "But thats just the 4.0L its a noisy motor." We spend $250- $300 a month in fuel at $3.39 9/10 gallon.

Good Value
By Sully0371 on 04/08/08 18:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good value for the money. Handles well on all surfaces. Good reliability except brakes. Would buy again.

its a jeep
By rev.mike on 03/20/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Coming form an xj I am pleasantly surprised at the comfort that this grand has , it has proven itself time and again in the harsh northeast with temps from 10 below to 100 above ,I didn't get stuck once in the 24 inches of snow dumped on up in jan (1 storm), despite chryslers take over it is still a jeep

Good Jeep
By Denny on 02/22/08 08:38 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased our GC LTD new and have generally enjoyed it. It has a nice smooth ride, and with the 4.7L V- 8, accelerates very quickly. My wife drives mainly in town and averages 14MPG, though on longer trips we have averaged as high as 23 MPG. We have had some recurrent problems, such as with window seals shrinking and front brake rotor problems. Jeep replaced the front brakes a couple of years ago under recall and have had no problems since, including no brake dust! We also had a heated seat burn through, but with some fighting Jeep repaired the seat. Overall, I would recommend the Grand Cherokee.

Happy with the Jeep
By Randy on 01/19/08 18:25 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Recently sold my Lexus GX470 to buy the GGC Limited (had to cut back due to having a 1972 Bimmer restored). I was really planning to buy an Infiniti QX4, but a Jeep on a lot caught my eye. never thought I would buy a Jeep after hearing negative stories. Very happy so far. Not the ride of the Lexus, but I actually enjoy the more rugged feel and the V8 Throaty engine. Pleasantly surprised at the quality of interior and the overall experience.

All-Around Great Vehicle
By Andrew F. on 10/24/07 13:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Silver 2004 Ltd pre-owned from a dealer and have owned it for a little over 2 years now and we absolutely love it. Cool styling (best year in my opinion), awesome power and torque, very comfortable and pretty quiet on the highway w/o breaking the bank like an X5 or Rover. Has enough room for us w/ two adults, a 2 year old in a car set and two dogs in back. We put a Thule box on the roof for long hauls and we're ready for anything! We are avid snowboarders an this Jeep motos in the snow, but the stock Goodyear Wrangler tires need to be replaced w/ something more all-weather capable. My brother-in-law drove ours and went out and bought an 05'. They're contagious!

3yrs later 61000 miles and still in love
By Terry on 09/02/07 10:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been in the auto biz for over 20 years. Have seen and driven them all. When I leased my Jeep 3 years ago I never dreamed I would become so attached. It has seen and done it all and never has it let me or my family down. When you first buy any new vehicle it should have good reviews. This is extroardinary to feel this way 3 years later. Great product 61000 miles later changed oil and filter; rotated the tires, air filter once. Its great

This Jeep Rocks!
By BigRedDad on 08/31/07 10:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wife bought this as a surprise b-day present. Great surprise! Thought we were going to have to go smaller, but got a great deal and the Jeep has been great so far. Had it for about six weeks and took it on a 2600-mile trip to VA and back; performed like a champ and got 20 MPG with the 4.7L V8! Comfortable, roomy and looks terrific in Inferno Red Tint Pearlcoat. Easy to get into and out of. Looking forward to facing the challenges a Minnesota winter will throw at it. So far, so good - I'm thrilled with my first Jeep!

All Around Great Jeep
By High Output on 06/30/07 10:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great SUV! The H.O. motor is fun and reliable. The car is great for someone who wants an around town SUV but knows that they can take it off road to. Car acts just as good if not better when off the road. The H.O. motor is also good to have for trailers. Overall a great car.