Used 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Cherokee Rules
By Soozee59

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Jeep Cherokee and this 2004 model is roomy and fun to drive - The cargo area seems larger than the previous model I had (1993)and that was an 8 cyl. This 2004 model is a 6cyl - full of power, control and smooth driving. As for the mileage - I have been getting approximately 15.6 miles per gallon - and that is with the air conditioning is on and driving on the average of 318 miles per tank Overall 0 I must say that this is the car to have - it is a beautiful work of pride and dedication that the auto manufacturer has built. Thank you Jeep

The controls on the dash are easier to read

At this time - I have no suggestions.

JEEP JEEP
By mdias311

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new Grand Cherokee. We had it for about a month before we took a 24 hour drive over the course of two days and it was the most comfortable I have ever been in any car/truck for that period of time. Gas mileage was better than on the sticker for the longer ride, even with the cargo area and back seat full. This truck feels solid around just about any corner at just about any speed, much better than my former Chevy Blazer. Sound system is even good enough where I don't feel the need to replace it. Overall the best standard mid-size SUV I have ever ridden in or driven, hands down.

I love the leather! It's soft and very comfortable. And the overhead display with compass, temp, mileage, miles to empty, trip miles, trip hours, etc. is very helpful.

The only thing I would change is that I would have liked to have seen color coded door handles instead of black.

Delivers everything
By redjack9

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 1996 blazer with under 80,000 miles. On a hoot i drove a 2004 jeep grand cherokee larado. Needles to say the blazer is sold and I am very satisfied with my new car. Contrary to what Edmonds.com says (they must be driving something other than a jeep) the ride is very very smooth, handles corners at high speeds like a dream, comfortable,good looking dependable solid, comes standard with items you have to pay extra for on other vehicles - I have owned many cars but this jeep is by far the smoothest one ever - i will definitely purchase another one and willnot waste time looking at other makes.

solid 4 wheel drive, smooth handling and comfortable ride dependability and long lasting engine with fantastic gas mileage

put a button on the dash that would pop open the back hatch

Great Car
By seaisle129

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great. Good part is its subtle design changes through the years and the older models still look new. Family member has a navigator the seats in the Jeep are far more comfortable !

Comfortability Level Moonroof Heated Seats

Fuel Economy however this might be hard Possible third seat

Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
By Stan Zaborac

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have not had a single problem. Just drove from Chicago to Key West and back without a hitch. After 10,000 miles am actually achieving 21.6 mpg at highway speeds (70+) Actually achieved better mileage than a 95 (same model) with a six cylinder 4.0

Had Jeep's GPS (Global Positioning System) installed as a retirement present. Absolutely fantastic.

• SUV